Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 4, 2011, 07:37 PM
Banned
F@H

you guys keep forgetting memexpress and their free shipping offers :)

Online Product Catalogue in Canada at Memory Express
Old January 4, 2011, 08:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

AkG's right if the sales are still on.

That being said Silverstones Strider Plus is a no brainer PSU. 750W model is plenty for what you have, after that find an nice Black that is in stock or even a Sammy drive and you're golden.

For the record, I had Twin 9800GX2's and a PII965 running 1 year trouble free on the 750W SS. And to this day it still runs flawlessly.

My thoughts at least.

And Ilya, the LSP is based loosely off the same Andyson platform that the solid X3 is on. Its the new X4 and LSX that suck since our Guru Left Ultra. The LSP's will run on par with anything in their generation.
Like i've said 1RMA , 33 Registered Units. 2 Years now, no problems from any clients.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 4, 2011, 08:43 PM
Rookie

No matter how I try and pair up the deals, I can't seem to fit it under 250$. I may have to save up another 40$ or so. Closest I could get was this PSU and 2 of the Hitachi Deskstars; OCZ FATAL1TY Series 750W ATX 24PIN SLI Ready Modular Cables 135mm Red Fan 80+ Bronze Power Supply - DirectCanada
Old January 4, 2011, 11:37 PM
Rookie

Yeah a few years ago it didnt matter what PSU we used, but I finally needed to buy a decent one, and could OC my e5200 to 3.1ghz stable but no more. Then my buddies system broke so I took his PSU which was an excellent high grade PSU and I could OC to 3.6 stable. I was very surprised it was all in the PSU.

I also wonder how slow compared to a 7200rpm drive is compared to the greens 5400 for OS, and Games. Good luck
Old January 5, 2011, 07:09 AM
F@H

My System Specs

NCIX.com - Buy XFX 650W XXX Edition Single Rail Modular ATX Power Supply ATX12V 52A 24PIN 80PLUS Bronze - P1650XCAH9 In Canada.

59.99 after rebate.

Awesome price for a very solid Unit.

Spend the rest on HDD's.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 5, 2011, 07:40 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Crap! Looks like the sale must have ended on the 750 and 850s. Sigh. They are overkill anyways. +1 to ST's suggestion on the 650. Good psu, killer price. More than enough for the OP's needs. :)

And yeah I saw they Hitachi's for 40...damn that was CHEAP. To bad they sold out PDQ. :(

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 5, 2011, 08:56 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Is there any reason why you need to have all your steam games downloaded/installed at the same time? Myself i typically only float about 3-4 games installed, play them trhough, beat them then delete them and download a different game i want to play from my steam library.
Old January 5, 2011, 10:58 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Is there any reason why you need to have all your steam games downloaded/installed at the same time? Myself i typically only float about 3-4 games installed, play them trhough, beat them then delete them and download a different game i want to play from my steam library.
I own 272 games on Steam of all assorted genres, and I never feel like playing 1 game for long. I don't need them all installed, just some take up more space than others. Empire Total War and Napoleon Total War alone take up 35gb. Add on games like Dragon Age GOTY, Dead Rising 2, Mafia 2, Arkham Asylum, etc... It all fills up fast. And that's just steam games, haha.

I'm probably going to take a look at getting that 650w xfx. That's definitely an excellent deal. Thank you for the help, everyone.
Old January 5, 2011, 03:29 PM
Rookie

Hi. Not sure how much difference between the XFX 650w and 850W just to be future safe, I'd go with latter. That is what I did with my current build. Should support 2 current high end video card.

Just my thought.