Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Power Supplies (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/power-supplies/)
-   -   galaxy 1000w psu stuck on standby! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/power-supplies/36121-galaxy-1000w-psu-stuck-standby.html)

alexhey September 11, 2010 12:15 PM

galaxy 1000w psu stuck on standby!
 
hi all as the title suggests i have a psu 1000w galaxy that for some reason will not start . 3 1/2 years worked nps all the time . today I push power on my pc and the motherboard leds light up but the psu does nothing. according to the manual it is in stand by mode but it does not say how to get it out of this any ideas anyone ???

Zero82z September 11, 2010 01:06 PM

What are your full system specs? Did you make any changes to your PC before it stopped working? Have you tried the PSU in a different PC? Have you tried a different PSU in your PC?

alexhey September 11, 2010 01:57 PM

it is a q6800 on a asus striker extreme motherboard with 4 gig of cosair ram 1000w galaxy psu and a raptor 150 gb hd with a geforce 8800 gtx . i had just re installed windows 7 with all the updates. the pc had run find for 3 1/2 years untill i moved into my new house. Plugged it in there and the psu lights the motherboards leds but the fans do not turn at all .The indicator on the back of the psu has gone from green to orange. I dont have another psu to try in the system :/

_dangtx_ September 11, 2010 02:09 PM

how is the wiring in the one outlet/room/house?

your system will not pull massive loads from the wall, but still.

is it properly grounded? my bro called me up since he had a red light on his status indicator, checked the wall unit and it wasnt even grounded.

Zero82z September 11, 2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexhey (Post 427426)
it is a q6800 on a asus striker extreme motherboard with 4 gig of cosair ram 1000w galaxy psu and a raptor 150 gb hd with a geforce 8800 gtx . i had just re installed windows 7 with all the updates. the pc had run find for 3 1/2 years untill i moved into my new house. Plugged it in there and the psu lights the motherboards leds but the fans do not turn at all .The indicator on the back of the psu has gone from green to orange. I dont have another psu to try in the system :/

Contact Enermax tech support and see what they say about the orange light.

KaptCrunch September 11, 2010 02:34 PM

remove power cord and open case and re-seat all hardware, power connections .... something may shifted while moving it

check all usb/firewire ports are free of anything and not damaged

check back of MB for anything touching it

orange means trouble with power, have electrician check wall outlet , try in bathroom with fault ground receptical

alexhey September 11, 2010 03:11 PM

I reinstalled windows 7 and the updates at my work place and it booted fine there . took it to the new house and then it was a no start with the orange light. took it back to my work place and its still a no start with this orange light. the manual says that the orange light is "system off or in standby mode PSU output +5Vsb only" what ever that means :/. had a look to check all the cables were where they should be and they all seem to be in the right place

_dangtx_ September 11, 2010 04:42 PM

looks like something went, that or you got to flip the switch(if there is one)

Zero82z September 11, 2010 04:44 PM

Try resetting the BIOS. If the orange light means the PSU is in standby mode, then that means one of two things. Either the motherboard is not starting up properly, or the PSU is not allowing it to.

sswilson September 11, 2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaptCrunch (Post 427446)
remove power cord and open case and re-seat all hardware, power connections .... something may shifted while moving it

check all usb/firewire ports are free of anything and not damaged

check back of MB for anything touching it

orange means trouble with power, have electrician check wall outlet , try in bathroom with fault ground receptical

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexhey (Post 427461)
I reinstalled windows 7 and the updates at my work place and it booted fine there . took it to the new house and then it was a no start with the orange light. took it back to my work place and its still a no start with this orange light. the manual says that the orange light is "system off or in standby mode PSU output +5Vsb only" what ever that means :/. had a look to check all the cables were where they should be and they all seem to be in the right place

Did you physically remove the connections and re-install them? If you did, sorry for asking again, but if you didn't, that would be the first place to start.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 PM.