Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 10, 2010, 02:07 AM
Rookie

Default Wires not long enough?

sup i bought a xfx 850 and a haf X case. i dun want to keep this psu in this case too long coz i want to use it for another 1. sadly the wire isnt long enough to get to the mb power (2 8 pins for the giga ud9) so i am stuck. should i get a new powersupply that is meant to be for the case or is there a way to extend the cables so that it can reach the top of the MB. ty for ur help. nwa4life XD.
Old September 10, 2010, 03:07 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

You can always pick up a couple of these.
Old September 10, 2010, 03:26 AM
Rookie

aye. tytyty. ill try and find the extended thing for the case coz cm haf always has 1 of them in the case.
Old September 11, 2010, 08:35 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwa4life View Post
sup i bought a xfx 850 and a haf X case. i dun want to keep this psu in this case too long coz i want to use it for another 1. sadly the wire isnt long enough to get to the mb power (2 8 pins for the giga ud9) so i am stuck. should i get a new powersupply that is meant to be for the case or is there a way to extend the cables so that it can reach the top of the MB. ty for ur help. nwa4life XD.
Is this gangstar Computer talk?
Old September 13, 2010, 03:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post
Is this gangstar Computer talk?
oh why no sir. its just how i type.
Old September 16, 2010, 07:49 PM
MVP

Now that this has been resolved, I have a cable issue myself. I have a fortress FT02 and my SATA power cable does not reach my DVD drive. I want an extension cable. For the life of me I can not find a Male/Female Sata power extension cable. I did find this: Startech Serial ATA 15-pin Power Cable, 36in at Memory Express Computers

But it is Male/Male so I would need a M/F adapter for my existing cable, and then plug the new wire into it. I see many products which are adapters changing 4 pin to sata power, but they are all like 6 inches long. I am not interested in adapting anything, I just need more wire length!