Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 6, 2010, 11:06 AM
Allstar
F@H

Default Sleeving an HX750

Hey guys,

So I want to sleeve my HX750, but the thing is the SATA and PCI-E cables are not 'regular' style and are flat, and the wires are attached together by the plastic cover ... anyone knows if an attempt at sleeving the wires individually has been made?

I've looked around a little and haven't been able to find someone who's done it with that PSU.

Any ideas? Might have to buy a different model to sleeve it.

Thanks!

EDIT : I've found people who have done it but they've cut the wires ... would that depreciate the value if I try to re-sell it / void warranty?

Last edited by ADay2Long; September 6, 2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old September 6, 2010, 11:16 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

What I would recommend is that you contact Corsair and see if you can buy an extra set of modular cables for the PSU. That way, if you screw something up during sleeving, you'll still have an original set, and if the sleeving does go well but you want to sell the PSU in the future, you'll be able to include an unmodified set of cables as well in case the buyer does not want the sleeving (and you could even sell the sleeved cables separately to someone else who does want sleeved cables).
Old September 6, 2010, 11:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
What I would recommend is that you contact Corsair and see if you can buy an extra set of modular cables for the PSU. That way, if you screw something up during sleeving, you'll still have an original set, and if the sleeving does go well but you want to sell the PSU in the future, you'll be able to include an unmodified set of cables as well in case the buyer does not want the sleeving (and you could even sell the sleeved cables separately to someone else who does want sleeved cables).
They'll definitely do this, and possibly for free. I got a molex and SATA power cables for free for my HX850. Even outright said I wanted to do some modding and didn't want to harm the re-sale value.

Granted you want a full set, I only wanted 2.
Old September 6, 2010, 11:37 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
They'll definitely do this, and possibly for free. I got a molex and SATA power cables for free for my HX850. Even outright said I wanted to do some modding and didn't want to harm the re-sale value.

Granted you want a full set, I only wanted 2.
Did you send a ticket or contacted them directly?
Old September 6, 2010, 06:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADay2Long View Post
Did you send a ticket or contacted them directly?
It was a ticket, forget what options I chose exactly. Took about 7 days, then somebody at Corsair contacted me directly (outside of the ticket) to confirm the shipment and if I needed anything more, then shipped them the next morning after confirming. Took a while to show up though, I honestly forgot about them until they arrive.
Old September 6, 2010, 07:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

Cool, thanks I'll give it a shot!