Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 1, 2010, 12:55 PM
Banned
F@H

:facepalm:

on paper theyre all the same. perhaps the above might work. unless its for a low end pc, i wouldnt bother.
Old July 1, 2010, 01:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ummmmm...extension cord?
Heavy-Duty Air Conditioning Cord | Canadian Tire

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old July 2, 2010, 10:48 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Like I said on another forum where you made this exact same thread, basically any cheap power cord will do.
Yeah, there was a bit of a rush initially so I cut-and-pasted the thread when there was no response several hours later. Turns out the rush was unnecessary. Regardless, I find it's a good idea to tap multiple resources whenever possible, I appreciate the often varied opinions of each community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
All power cables are the same damn thing. They are just three wires in there of same thickness and insulation, as zero has stated any wire that is 3 pronged and has the same 'opening' to plug into a psu will work. Its simple electronics
That was my assumption but I prefer to be on the safe side. I'm no electronics expert, I don't pretend to know anything. Lots of misinformation out there, people trying to hock premium cables on the unwary. I have no intention of dropping a large sum of money on super high end cable, but I do plan to at least buy the same gauge (14 AWG, etc) as the cable I'm currently running, even if it means spending a little more.

Thanks, all. I think now I have more than enough info to make an informed decision.

Last edited by Deek; July 2, 2010 at 10:55 AM.