Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3, 2008, 10:52 AM

Well, BFG finally got in an extender that will allow users of the 800W to reach the second graphics card in an SLI configuration in taller cases. If you need an extender, you can just call BFG support at 1-866-234-3499 and give them the S/N off the side of your PSU (it's the number under the barcode.)

Of course, a 140MM PCIe extender may be handy for a couple folks out there, and to boot we went ahead and made the end that goes into the graphics card a 6+2-pin so it can be used on newer 300W PCIe graphics cards, so we're selling the cable for $5 on the BFG webstore: http://www.bfgstore.com/ProductDetai...PCIXPRESPWREXT

Thanks guys!
Old January 3, 2008, 11:00 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quick clarification Jonny: if you have a PSU, the extender is FREE? Does that include shipping to Canada or would that be extra?
Old January 3, 2008, 11:03 AM

I need to clarify all of this with the support guru. In fact, I have to look into just shipping the part to Canada when purchased, or at the very least get someone in Canada set up with some inventory for Canadian customers.

I often forget... The Canadian border is only a couple hundred miles North of me and I have a few friends there (like OK Wolf, for example) but don't often take into consideration the logistical bull crap that the fact that we're two different countries often creates. :(
Old January 3, 2008, 11:09 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I agree. All of us Canadians have lived through the BS Canada Customs and their brokerage agents can dish out. Let us know.
Old January 3, 2008, 11:31 AM

Ok. I've been informed that those with BFG PSU's will not be charged freight. The parcel will be marked as containing a repair part with a value of $1.

As for Canadian customers on the webstore.... I'm still asking. ;)