Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16, 2010, 09:49 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
You perhaps Zero need to stop thinking on things as they stand and rather leave some room for upgrades in both GPU's and other items.

Unless extremely restricted in budget it is best have have your PSU firmly on your upgrade path already rather than it being a part of it.

My thoughts at least,

ST
Unless you have definite plans to upgrade to a specific set of components that will require more power (which I have only seen a handful of times out of hundreds if not thousands of PC builds), it is best to purchase a PSU that is sufficient for your current needs, also keeping in mind that a PSU powerful enough to run a single card in this generation will also be enough to run a single card from the next generation. People should not be asked to spend more money than they need to since there is very little chance that it will actually benefit them in the future.

My thoughts at least.
Old June 16, 2010, 09:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
You perhaps Zero need to stop thinking on things as they stand and rather leave some room for upgrades in both GPU's and other items.

Unless extremely restricted in budget it is best have have your PSU firmly on your upgrade path already rather than it being a part of it.

My thoughts at least,

ST
I agree with Soul, I think the PSU is one of the foundations of the system that can be moved around from build to build. Rarely does one (thinking of most posters here) downgrade their power requirements as time goes on. If you have even the smallest inkling that you will upgrade in the future then you should shop the deals, price matches etc and buy the biggest and best PSU your budget will allow. I would not hesitate to get a good 750 watt unit.
Old June 16, 2010, 04:38 PM
Banned
F@H

while i say spend 25 more now than 100 next year, if the gap is too big just stick with what yiu can get
:)