Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 2, 2010, 12:59 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
ocz out of those. look up 12v and dont go near the limit :)
As you can see i dont know much about psu. I see all these psu displaying 12V ;)

I will wait wednesday sale at ncix to get my hand on the corsair, else i will buy that OCZ.

Thanks you all for your help!
Old June 2, 2010, 01:33 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by slay3r View Post
As you can see i dont know much about psu. I see all these psu displaying 12V ;)

I will wait wednesday sale at ncix to get my hand on the corsair, else i will buy that OCZ.

Thanks you all for your help!

some units like seasonic and corsair are safe to operate close to thei limits. some others, not so. ok, if the psu is ok and you dont keep it loaded 24/7 its ok.

most of the power taken by nowadays pc is on the 12v. so when you are shopping for a psu, look up a good brand, and its available wattage on said 12v
Old June 2, 2010, 03:05 PM
Top Prospect

alright thanks you for information :)
Old June 11, 2010, 09:46 AM
Rookie

this one is good
Antec Basiq BP430 430W
Old June 11, 2010, 10:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok this is sort of off subject but I have to post this. In my opinion there are two words that I believe should never be used in the same sentence when it comes to computers, and those two words are Budget and power supply unit. ok now I feel better that this is off my chest :).
I think that I have seen a couple of PSUs for sale in the buynsell section of these forums
Old June 11, 2010, 10:52 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
ok this is sort of off subject but I have to post this. In my opinion there are two words that I believe should never be used in the same sentence when it comes to computers, and those two words are Budget and power supply unit. ok now I feel better that this is off my chest :).
I think that I have seen a couple of PSUs for sale in the buynsell section of these forums
"Budget" as best bang for buck =)

The problem is that i dont want to spend 100$ on an old computer.

I've read good reviews on Corsair 400CX and Seasonic SS-400ET. The Corsair is on sale at ncix at the moment for 30$ but there is 22$ in mail in rebate. The reason why i dont buy it right away is probably because i want more the seasonic which is more "quiet" but not on sale. I've got couple days to think before the sale end.

Do you guys has any experience with theses two?
Old June 16, 2010, 03:54 AM
Allstar

I've got an old 500w Coolermaster I'd ship to someone for next to nothing.
Old June 16, 2010, 06:18 AM
F@H

My System Specs

CX400 all the way if your budget is tight.

Avoid the Sparkle and TT ones.

I've only felt semi-comfortable with TT supplies, and the lower you get with them the worse they get.

Another option would be a BFG 450/550 PSU as well. They are okay from what I've read and I'd imagine you'd not have to worry about maxing them out.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 16, 2010, 06:40 AM
Banned
F@H

the afformentioned are 'decent' but must not be pushed :)
Old June 16, 2010, 09:04 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

The only PSU mentioned so far in this thread worth using is the CX400. All the other ones are pretty poor. The CX400 is pretty cheap to begin with, so even if you have to spend a few extra bucks to get one, it's worth it so you can have a decent PSU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Another option would be a BFG 450/550 PSU as well. They are okay from what I've read and I'd imagine you'd not have to worry about maxing them out.
The only lower-wattage BFG PSUs left on the market are the bad ones.