Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Power Supplies (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/power-supplies/)
-   -   I have a couple of questions about Antec Neopower 650W Power Supply (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/power-supplies/3192-i-have-couple-questions-about-antec-neopower-650w-power-supply.html)

Shadowmeph November 8, 2007 12:38 PM

I have a couple of questions about Antec Neopower 650W Power Supply

I read the review on this PSU but I couldn't find any comment thread on it. I was just wondering about the "Cable length of ATX, CPU and 8-pin PCI-E cables". I am slowly but surely building a pc ,the case I am using will be the Aurora 570 and the motherboard is Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L I am not sure on which Vid card yet but anyways about the length of the cables do you think I they will be to tight for this case and board? also the 8pin PCI E cables which cards use those? if all is good with this PSU it should be able to handle water cooling and over clocking ( I Haven't really made up my mind of which CPU yet) possibly (when they come out) the Q9450 and for that matter I am not sure which CPUs would better the Quad or dou cores?

SKYMTL November 8, 2007 01:04 PM

Good point....there is no comment thread for that review. Looks like I forgot to post one. Anyways, onto your questions.

Believe it or not you are in luck. In order for me to test cable length, I use my own Aurora 570 and the cables on this power supply fit without a problem.

As for the new 8-pin PCI-E connectors, the only GPUs that currently use them are the ATI HD2900-series.

b1lk1 November 8, 2007 01:27 PM

I have this PSU running my OC'd C2Q and OC'd HD2900 XT 1GB and I love it.

Shadowmeph November 8, 2007 04:32 PM

Thats great I want a quiet and not to expensive but good psu so now I am going to get one:) oh and thank you for your reply s

icodeit January 30, 2008 11:00 AM

I too was looking for the review thread. Maybe this one could be just renamed to reflect it?

Before reading the review I was torn between this PSU (the NeoPower Blue, I want the 12cm fan) & and Enermax Liberty 610. The review has pushed me to the Antec. Since I have not been unhappy with my Antec NeoPower 480 that I have had for oh, maybe 4yrs I figure its a good choice.

I'm picking it up tonight or tomorrow night and gonna get it installed tomorrow or Friday!!

icodeit January 30, 2008 04:28 PM

Bought the power supply tonight $123.xx plus tax seems like a pretty good deal.

It installed in no time. The modular cables are great, as are the sleeving on all the cables. Manual is only a couple pages of English but gives U what U need to know (not that it is that difficult). The blue LED's are nearly as bright as my old TruePower Blue 480, but that is okay with me cause if the NeoPower 650 had the 12cm fan instead of an 8cm I would have got it instead.

I have a smaller sized case old Antec LanBoy and the PSU fit with absolutely no issues, in fact now that I see it I have space for a much larger PSU (length) if I ever need to go that way.

1st impressions are good, however I will run some MP3 conversions tonight for my Ipod audio books and see if I get the same issues of reboot I had in the past.

For the record I have 2 SATA and 1 PATA pluged in. The 2 SATA are on the same cable so I will see how that works out. Oh also a couple 12cm fans plugged in too.