Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25, 2010, 06:55 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I want proof, or I call BS on this.ST
6 or 7 years ago I want to try one, because my temps was not good with my WC of the time ( we have not so much choice in rad at the time )

I ask someone in ref repair, and he told me the compressor will not stand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
We should get Mythbusters to something on this .
I may give it a try, but I think we have to first remove some eat with a regular triple rad, and just make the finishing touch in the ref , so if the compressor die, the rad protect the rest . It will be just in the line of experiment I'm palning with my heat echanger... but I have limited funds too.
Old March 25, 2010, 08:05 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw View Post

Fair enough. I'd love to try it with a beer fridge or something similar.

But there are better points of cooling. And I know how Direct Phase Change works Nigel, I used an inadequate analogy in my original post.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 25, 2010, 08:13 AM
Banned
F@H

kids take it easy and dont fight ok?

back on topic plz :)
Old March 25, 2010, 08:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Is it me or people are more willing to fight lately ? Altough, maybe it is due to me spending to much time in the Fermi threads.....

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old March 25, 2010, 09:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
kids take it easy and dont fight ok?

back on topic plz :)

At what point in time Exactally are we fighting ?

And Yeah I pulled it off topic , which was my fault and I did appoligize for it up top.

Anywho Back on track to the thread folks.

Masta - Fermi is bringing out the true colours in many members.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old March 26, 2010, 04:29 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
At what point in time Exactally are we fighting ?

ST

no you just piss off at me necause at what I say to you in PM , it's only the second tread you call me BS and you look stupide after. so on this I say to you good buy , will not past anymore on a website where the moderator act like this.
Old March 26, 2010, 04:45 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
no you just piss off at me necause at what I say to you in PM , it's only the second tread you call me BS and you look stupide after. so on this I say to you good buy , will not past anymore on a website where the moderator act like this.

Actually this is the only time I have said BS. And it was a generalization not an acusation. There is a difference you know.

The other thread about the GTX Heatsink If you care to look back on it says "If I am wrong, I am happy to admit it. I was going on what I see"

And Bringing this, and these convesations to the open forum as such is not in good taste. I will not mention my side because that is saved for PM only.

Thank you,

ST

Old May 11, 2010, 12:38 PM
Rookie

It's definately enough, I had similar setup.
Old May 11, 2010, 04:48 PM
Rookie

If he can get 2 5970's I'd buy a second PSU beats getting a 1600W psu and getting an electrician to install a 220V outlet.
Old May 11, 2010, 08:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Talking HX 1000

I have 3 velociraptors, a 500gb standard HDD, a sound card with additional front panel, A Chilltec Ultra, extra fans, and a pair of 5970 Black editions, and haven't had any issues. It's also hooked up to a 40" lcd. My HX1000 doesn't even get warm enough to be concerned about heat and I have the psu fan drawing air from inside the case, so I'd say you're alright.

Edit: I forgot to tell you that Tony Stark said to come see him. He has an extra psu that comes from a recently destroyed suit. You can jury rig it NP.hehe Great movie btw. I want that Audi. Maybe that rad will work.

Last edited by fishingfanatic; May 11, 2010 at 08:41 PM.