Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16, 2010, 05:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Putting Cables Back in...

I got tired of taking one cable out at a time while sleeving a PSU and just took all 24 pins out to get it out of my way. Well, they are out and I am just double checking that this is how they go back in:

Just follow this and I should be good?
Old March 16, 2010, 06:13 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Yes, that is the correct pinout.
Old March 16, 2010, 08:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

That's correct, but my Strider has a fully modular 24 pin cable. If you didn't take both ends off the cable you can simply run pin 1 on one end to pin 1 on the other, and so on. No need to check the charts.
Old March 16, 2010, 08:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
That's correct, but my Strider has a fully modular 24 pin cable. If you didn't take both ends off the cable you can simply run pin 1 on one end to pin 1 on the other, and so on. No need to check the charts.
Thats how I did my Strider 850W. This one is 1000W (also a strider) but I completely removed the cables first...
Old April 4, 2010, 08:13 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I use that green tape, stick one piece on the 24 connector and cut up small pieces to stick on every wire and number then accordingly. works great after I dye the cables all black (if it's not modular)
Old April 4, 2010, 03:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

Urgent: I was running late and couldn't fully start the computer, but I pressed power for the first time. I made it to the post screen and the one that says "ASUS P7P55D". I than turned off the computer because I was in a rush to get out the door. Does this mean that the cables are back in their right spots? If they where not 100% right, would I even have gotten this far?
Old April 4, 2010, 05:06 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

You probably got it right, but if you screwed it up, whether or not the PC will POST depends on how badly you did.
Old April 4, 2010, 07:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
You probably got it right, but if you screwed it up, whether or not the PC will POST depends on how badly you did.
im actually on it right now just going through a test drive and getting drivers. Must mean that I did it fine. Everything is detected under the Manager, and the CPU overclocked like a charm (he wanted it OCed)
Old April 5, 2010, 04:22 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

a cheap psu tester is your best friend,or at least check each line with a meter to see if it reads the right voltage