Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14, 2010, 02:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default I am surprised at the wieght of this PSU

I bought the seasonic s12 from the reviews and man I am very surprised at how heavy this thing is compaired to my other psu that are around the same watts I can't wait now for my case to arrive so I can put my AMD setup together and try all of it out. but I swaer when the psu arived it was in a fairly big box so the weight seem proportionet to the size of the box , then I opened the box and seen the psu box which was 1/4 of the size and it totally caught me off guard.
it has always been my personal; belief that things that are heavier ( electronic things) are usually allot better quality of course I mean new electronic items.
Old January 14, 2010, 03:19 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
....I am very surprised at how heavy this thing is compaired to my other psu that are around the same watts .
You just discover my selling point, when a customer ask me why my PSU cost more than an other one, I make him weight it compare to a cheap one. it's work all the time
Old January 14, 2010, 03:50 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Yep, better PSUs generally weigh more since they use larger heatsinks, transformers, more capacitors, etc. What's interesting though is the ones that don't have much in them, like the Seasonic X series.
Old February 4, 2010, 09:18 PM
Rookie

The heavier it is the better it is