Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3, 2009, 09:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

From my POV it's just one less thing I need to worry about when factoring in my PSU choice. I generally try to run my PSUs somewhere between 60 - 75%, but I throw a lot of voltage at my CPU and the last thing I want to have to do is second guess what 12V line is paired with the CPU.

I agree that the days of rolling our eyes when we see a multi-rail unit are mostly over, but it's still an issue (IMO) in some cases, especially if a person is trying to stretch their dollars by purchasing a PSU which just barely meets their requirements.

edit: It also bears mentioning that folks on a budget would be hard pressed to find a crap single rail unit rated at what they're looking for, while the same most definately can't be said about multi-rail ones.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 4, 2009, 03:15 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So I bought my modular today, I did go with the Corsair HX, however I went with a 750 model. I was looking at AMD's site for recomendations on power for CF 5850 and it said it only required 600 watts for dual, so I thought I could save myself a few bucks and get a 750. I hope its enough now lol...second guessing myself.
Old November 4, 2009, 03:35 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

It's enough.
Old November 4, 2009, 05:45 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Perfect Choice!
Thats more than enough power.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 4, 2009, 08:43 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

on an offnote, corsair has excellent customer service. I bought my HX750 from here used that was missing 2 pci express plugs(seller forgot to ship, wasnt an issue as i wasnt using them) and i called corsair. They took my info down and about 4 days later i had shiny new set of plugs. Corsair had zero obligation to help me out as i purchased my unit second hand but they were great all around. That kind of service is enough to keep my business.
Old November 5, 2009, 06:01 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
on an offnote, corsair has excellent customer service. I bought my HX750 from here used that was missing 2 pci express plugs(seller forgot to ship, wasnt an issue as i wasnt using them) and i called corsair. They took my info down and about 4 days later i had shiny new set of plugs. Corsair had zero obligation to help me out as i purchased my unit second hand but they were great all around. That kind of service is enough to keep my business.

I agree, Corsair has always strived for better than average customer service for sure.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com