Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24, 2007, 05:41 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Comment Thread for OCZ StealthXstream 600W Review

The review for the OCZ StealthXstream 600W power supply has been posted.

Please use this thread for any questions or comments

Here is the review itself: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/hardw...ly-review.html

ENJOY!!!
Old August 24, 2007, 03:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Good to see OCZ responding to customer concerns with regards to the fan noise. Did they change the fan, or did they need to change the speed control CCT?

Looks like this one might be a decent suggestion for folks on a budget who aren't planning on really stressing their systems.

Of course, you'd probably suggest that the Sonatta case with included PSU would be a better choice..... :)

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old August 24, 2007, 06:21 PM
OCZ Rep.

Hello, nice, fair review SKYMTL. :)

The problem was that some of the StealthXStream units in a shipment had a fan speed controller problem. After we became aware of this, we checked our stock and notified the OEM. This is taken care of and we will replace any units that have this issue. The fan is the same and was always correct.

Thanks
Old August 30, 2007, 02:28 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyOCZ View Post
Hello, nice, fair review SKYMTL. :)

The problem was that some of the StealthXStream units in a shipment had a fan speed controller problem. After we became aware of this, we checked our stock and notified the OEM. This is taken care of and we will replace any units that have this issue. The fan is the same and was always correct.

Thanks
I have bought my unit from a retailer here in Greece, it is indeed very noisy! I moved my PC to my apartment and i cannot stand the noise, i've bought it 2 months ago. Can i return it to the retailer and ask for a replacement? I need my PC because of my work, so i cannot send my PSU and wait for a replacement from the OCZ guys... :( . Can they do it and if they can, how can i know that it has the revised mechanism inside????

Is there a chance OCZ can send me a replacement first and then send the original back to you guyz?
Old August 30, 2007, 02:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default powerful enough?

would this psu handle a 8800GTX with an Oc'd opteron 165, DVD, and just a couple of HD's and 4 fans?

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old August 30, 2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
would this psu handle a 8800GTX with an Oc'd opteron 165, DVD, and just a couple of HD's and 4 fans?
Yes.
Old August 30, 2007, 04:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default thanks there

another solid review. while trawling the web ive noticed your reviews being hotlinked from a lot of sites.

This PSU looks no different to mine so thats why i asked...except its $35 cheaper!!! guess thats what you get when you pay for an LED fan although the cables look a bit fancier on mine...oh well

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old August 30, 2007, 05:05 PM

There are also a few less Molex and SATA connectors. The interior isn't powercoated and the rectifiers are a bit different. But other than that it is pretty much the same as the GSX.
Old August 30, 2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavaliotis View Post
I have bought my unit from a retailer here in Greece, it is indeed very noisy! I moved my PC to my apartment and i cannot stand the noise, i've bought it 2 months ago. Can i return it to the retailer and ask for a replacement? I need my PC because of my work, so i cannot send my PSU and wait for a replacement from the OCZ guys... :( . Can they do it and if they can, how can i know that it has the revised mechanism inside????

Is there a chance OCZ can send me a replacement first and then send the original back to you guyz?
I believe this would be done by the standard OCZ RMA procedure and not through your retailer. They usually do cross-shipping in many circumstances.

If I am not mistaken, someone from OCZ has already contacted you about this.
Old August 31, 2007, 02:34 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I believe this would be done by the standard OCZ RMA procedure and not through your retailer. They usually do cross-shipping in many circumstances.

If I am not mistaken, someone from OCZ has already contacted you about this.
Nope, no response up until now here or in my email...