Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 28, 2009, 06:36 AM
Top Prospect

Default Corsair 850w HX Not Turning on ?

So i got my psu in the post today as i allready own the "sexy" nzxt lexa case, it comes in 2 colors blue & red.
But the case come in a red box but the seller said they allways come in a red box but are blue so i would like to test the colour of the case but i cant get the psu to turn on :S

I have 4 - 4pin Connectors connected to 4 fans i put the power cord in but nothing happens is this broke or a safety option and only works when the motherboard is connected ?

Thanks in advance

I hope you guys can understand that i went to my site www.igamingi.co.uk and used the spell check system i have when making a post and it did not find any errors

Last edited by JORD4N; September 28, 2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old September 28, 2009, 06:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The ATX standard for PSUs mean that PSUs turn on twice.

They turn on once with the switch at the back of the PSU which means it's feeding the motherboard power but the computer itself isn't on....

Then, when you push the power button on the front of the computer it'll tell the PSU to come "fully on" which would be the "second time" for lack of better term.

You need to jumper a connection on the motherboard power header if you want it to turn on with no motherboard attached.

The old AT PSUs actually had a working ON/OFF switch. Now your motherboard is the switch, which gives many advantages.

With ATX psus you can now "wake up" a computer by pinging it on a LAN. The power will be on via the switch at the back of the PSU, but the computer will be off. You can specify different situations in which it will power itself on.
Old September 28, 2009, 06:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Power Supply Jumping Guide
Old September 28, 2009, 07:41 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
The ATX standard for PSUs mean that PSUs turn on twice.

They turn on once with the switch at the back of the PSU which means it's feeding the motherboard power but the computer itself isn't on....

Then, when you push the power button on the front of the computer it'll tell the PSU to come "fully on" which would be the "second time" for lack of better term.

You need to jumper a connection on the motherboard power header if you want it to turn on with no motherboard attached.

The old AT PSUs actually had a working ON/OFF switch. Now your motherboard is the switch, which gives many advantages.

With ATX psus you can now "wake up" a computer by pinging it on a LAN. The power will be on via the switch at the back of the PSU, but the computer will be off. You can specify different situations in which it will power itself on.
You are the man

Last edited by JORD4N; September 28, 2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old September 28, 2009, 10:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nice work thier Jordan....

great link Perineum!!