Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Power Supplies (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/power-supplies/)
-   -   XFX Black Edition 850W Power Supply Preview Comment Thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/power-supplies/22662-xfx-black-edition-850w-power-supply-preview-comment-thread.html)

SKYMTL September 2, 2009 05:00 PM

XFX Black Edition 850W Power Supply Preview Comment Thread

These days, power supplies seem to be a dime a dozen but when big-name manufacturers enter the market with their own units, people stand up and take notice. That is why when we received XFX's brand new Black Edition 850W, we just had to share with you our first impressions. In advance of our full review, we have decided to give you a quick tour of this eagerly-anticipated PSU.

This is a world-first so ENJOY!!

you can read The preview here

:canadianwave:

Caldezar September 2, 2009 05:14 PM

Wow! For the first time, I'd seriously consider getting a power supply that I have no real need for... just because I want it.

traitoR September 2, 2009 05:34 PM

XFX is a welcome addition to the PSU market, still not sure about the green fan though, they should of kept the green accents to the writing and logo IMO.

jcmaz September 2, 2009 06:02 PM

Are there any news about smaller PSUs, such as 500W or 600W??? Very nice PSU

Kylzer September 2, 2009 06:15 PM

I just got a corsair but damn this looks nice who manufactures it ?

EDIT: seasonic :D

SKYMTL September 2, 2009 07:27 PM

yes, Seasonic.

chrisk September 2, 2009 07:31 PM

Very nice. I am not looking for the bright green myself but the aggressive styling will help them stand out.

Using the Seasonic design will also give them lots of street cred which is really important in the PSU market too.

headsh0t September 2, 2009 08:43 PM

How is this PSU compared to the Corsair 850w Professional PSU? Are the internal components of the the XFX PSU (seasonic) better than the Corsair's (CWT)??? Looks like they'll be around the same price but the Corsair's got the extra 2 year warranty over the XFX psu. I like XFX stepping into the PSU market though, good for them. We should see some quality PSU's!!

Zero82z September 2, 2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsh0t (Post 249678)
How is this PSU compared to the Corsair 850w Professional PSU? Are the internal components of the the XFX PSU (seasonic) better than the Corsair's (CWT)??? Looks like they'll be around the same price but the Corsair's got the extra 2 year warranty over the XFX psu. I like XFX stepping into the PSU market though, good for them. We should see some quality PSU's!!

This PSU should be about on par with the HX850 assuming it performs at about the same level as the Seasonic M12D that it's based on. The Corsair might have a bit of an edge in terms of efficiency though. The Corsair is decked out entirely with Nippon Chemi-con capacitors, as is the M12D 850W, so that means this PSU probably is as well.

burebista September 2, 2009 09:57 PM

Man, for now I know just one thing: it's ugly like hell. :doh:
I hope that at least it will perform as any M12D PSU.