Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old July 19, 2009, 07:40 PM
3.0charlie's Avatar
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Laval, QC
Posts: 9,627

My System Specs

Default

TX750W would more than enough. HX850W if you want some "future-proof".

Otherwise, ditch the Killer NIC and the Fatal1ty sound card. Both are not worth it. Onboard NIC is plenty, and choose an Auzentech sound card instead.
Which CPU?
__________________
Hydro-Quebec is salivating...
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old July 20, 2009, 07:30 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal CANADuh
Posts: 25
Default wondering..wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
TX750W would more than enough. HX850W if you want some "future-proof".

Otherwise, ditch the Killer NIC and the Fatal1ty sound card. Both are not worth it. Onboard NIC is plenty, and choose an Auzentech sound card instead.
Which CPU?
Umm i was considering the next version: killer ultra. But tell me why its not good? I ve read some review etc and it sound pretty decent to me.

AS the fatality sound card i like the fact they put it a controller on the front too.
But i ve seen thoses auzentech sound card they are about the same price.
What else could you tell me about it? especially the version i should get for 7.1
thx.

I got myself a quad core q6600 slacr version ^_^ lol
I am building a computer kinda old school but that would still do what it needs to do for half the price :)
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old July 20, 2009, 08:10 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeitNJ View Post
Umm i was considering the next version: killer ultra. But tell me why its not good? I ve read some review etc and it sound pretty decent to me.
It's a waste of money. The on-board LAN will give you virtually the same performance.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old July 20, 2009, 08:57 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal CANADuh
Posts: 25
Default off topic...reconducted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAnimal View Post
It's a waste of money. The on-board LAN will give you virtually the same performance.
ive brought that questioning at:

Lan card or on board lan networking card? the killer nic wonder?

thx for your time.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ABS / Tagan BZ900 Review Comment Thread SKYMTL Power Supplies 27 March 14, 2010 08:39 AM
[WTB] power supply 650+ power supply j-ronde Buy/Sell & Trade 1 March 31, 2009 09:45 AM
ABS BZ1300 ESA Power Supply RussianRedScorpion Power Supplies 3 May 3, 2008 03:36 AM