Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24, 2009, 03:00 PM
Top Prospect

Default Help!, PSU issue...

Hello

I recently bought en Enermax Revolutions 85+ 950w PSU. Heres the problem; I installed it about 2 weeks ago and it worked like a charm. I just opened up the case and removed a fan controller, in doing so i decided to re-route some wires. After the job was complete I thought all was well but when I plugged in the PSU and hit the switch on the PSU to turn it on the computer started up on its own, without me hitting the main power button. All the fans started wailing at full RPM's and within a couple seconds the system shut down again and would not turn on. I tried unplugging and plugging back in but to the same scenario. I have made sure that all the components are plugged in.

Any help would be appreciated as this is really starting to annoy me as it worked just a couple hours ago.

Thanks

Gigabyte 890GX / AMD Phenom II x6 1055 / Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4GB / EVGA GTX470 SC+ / Stock Cooling (Yet) / Corsair TX850 / Corsair Nova 128GB SSD / Antec 902/ Windows 7 PRO 64 bit/ 24" Acer LED Monitor
Old May 24, 2009, 03:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dbl check all the connections you touched, if it still is dead , unhook everything but a fan for some load and jump the PSU.
Old May 25, 2009, 05:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

On every PSU I've owned, when the On switch is selected in the back of the PSU, after plugging in the supply all my fans come on for a brief second and then power down.
That to me is normal operation.
For you, I'd check and make sure the MB cpu connectors are good, and if nothing else do what Supergrover suggested and power in only the bare essentials to see if it works or not.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 25, 2009, 12:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

There's always the option of calling tech support or the place where you bought it to exchange for another one.