Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8, 2009, 11:33 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

I don't know; maybe they have a Canadian branch that only does memory RMAs or something?
Old February 8, 2009, 12:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Where did you buy it? NCIX? If you did, you should still be able to find your invoice. It should be laying around in somewhere in your account settings as long as it hasn't been more than a year.

If you don't feel like RMA'ing it though, I'll pay the shipping costs and take it off your hands.
I never odrered the thing, actually I walked into one of the stores and bought it, so it's not in my invoices. I've been told I can walk into the same store with some ID and see if they can print me out another copy, but I dunno.

Actually if I don't need a receipt then I would rather RMA it then buy a new one, so long as shipping isn't over $100 to ship it to Cali!

One more thing...I've never actually RMA'ed anything ever...I guess you could say I'm a lucky sonofoa*****, but yeah. How do I go about doing something like that?
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old February 8, 2009, 02:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well ImmaPC the first step is here

Welcome to Corsair :: Tech Support Express

Check "Power Supplies" from list choose CMPSU-750TX then click next step.

Troubleshoot before moving to next step, if "no" click and continue.

Lastly enter all the necessary information and send off the request.

Regards,

EE

Last edited by Eagle Eye; February 8, 2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old March 7, 2009, 01:31 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
750W is more than enough for anything out now and should have legroom for later. 1000W power supplies are for people who don't do research. The rig in my sig pulls about 300W through the wall under full load including 3D. I could comfortably run Crossfire with my 550W PSU as well. Don't get suckered into spending more, RMA what you got or replace it with something just like it.

PS: I have a Kill-A-Watt that I use for measurements. I would strongly suggest anyone that doesn't believe they are over-stating power requirements get one so they can see just how little wattage they are actually using.
Thats not necessarily true. People that run more than two graphics cards usually have to go more than 750W. I.E running two 4870 x2 is basically going to push a 750 watt PS to its max and with the addition of running a overclocked i7, your system will be lucky to even start.

Running over capacity can be good because its gives maximum efficiency when loaded.

A