Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8, 2008, 03:00 PM
Allstar

Default Suggestions on Reg sized Modular PSU.

I Need some suggestions for a reg sized Modular PSU that is capable of Tri Sli whether it's with 6pin to molex & 4 six pins already what have you. Must be regular sized as I don't have the room for a long psu.
Old December 9, 2008, 09:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

This one should cover all your bases on doing a 3 way SLI config.
Lifetime warranty is also a good bonus as well.
I use the 750WLSP and will be upgrading to this very one myself (Mid-Tower + Mountain of cables = Messy as hell case).

Ultra X3 ULT40071 800-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, PCI-E Ready, Energy Efficient, Modular in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 10, 2008, 04:21 AM
Allstar

Thx Soul I see alot of modders using those nowadays to! I need something abit more so I might go with the 1000W & modify the two 8 pin PCIe to 6 pin.

Ultra X3 ULT40064 1000-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, PCI-E Ready, Energy Efficient, Modular in Canada at TigerDirect.ca
Old December 10, 2008, 05:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Ahh okay, I didn't know exactally the rest of your system spec's so I opted for the lower end 800W unit to show you.
Ultra, although technically a 'store' brand for Tiger uses a really good P/S. Mine is dead silent, and very stable considering all the crap I have hooked into it.
I'll be hitting up that 800 come December, so I'll post some Before/After of what my case looks like with it in.
The 750LSP is great, just tooooooooooo many cables for my poor Apollo.

Glad this helped, just remember if you buy it to register it on Ultra's site for your Lifetime Warranty. They are really good at honouring that.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old December 11, 2008, 02:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

You might consider the Silverstone OP1000. 150mm long, has 6 PCI-E connectors, decent price for its output, and it seemed to hold its own when [H] tested it.

That said, I can vouch for the Ultra X3 1000, aside from the fact that it only has 4 PCI-E connectors.
Old December 11, 2008, 07:19 AM
Allstar

MpG that psu is 220mm D 150mm W it's to long but thx.

I like the fact the Ultra is completely modular though to. Plus the wires are all slimline for easy hiding.
Old December 11, 2008, 07:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The X3 Is good that way. It comes from their First Line X2 (which thank GOD they don't sell anymore) and in the end we get better P/S from it.

If you end up getting it, post some pics. Like I said I'll be going with the 800-850w Modular come this month because I have a heart attack everytime I look into my case.

Regards,
ST

Old December 11, 2008, 07:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Is it for your H2GO?

The Corsair HX1000 will fit and is mainly modular except for the 24-pin and one set of PCIE.
Old December 11, 2008, 07:45 AM
Allstar

Yes it is Jack. The Coolermaster is beefy but it just has Way to many wires & won't be able to hide them nearly as well as I could a modular. I'll look at the Corsair for sure thx dude.
Old December 11, 2008, 01:41 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlojack View Post
Is it for your H2GO?

The Corsair HX1000 will fit and is mainly modular except for the 24-pin and one set of PCIE.
That is a nice psu but it's set up for 8pins instead of 6pins though dude.