Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Power Supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 20, 2008, 03:31 PM
Allstar

A few years ago I sent ATI in Toronto a 9800Pro 128mg which had artifacts.
I paid the postage and a few days later I got a 9800Pro by FedEx prepaid but with 256mg of ram
Old November 20, 2008, 03:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex View Post
Yeah, I have never seen a company that covers the shipping for defective products.
That's what I was going to say too...

Ultra is better than Diamond at least, I had to give Diamond a $15 USD money order to cover shipping back to me. That's madness.
Old November 20, 2008, 03:58 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
Actually, some companies might offer what is called a reverse RMA, or they might offer something similar with enough insisting :D They charge your credit card for the full value of the product, and send it to you, along with a return package so you can send them your defective part once you receive it, once they get the shipment, they cancel the charge.
ya, Ultra wanted me to do this with my X-connect 550w, they would cancel the charge "if" they determined it was covered under the "limited lifetime warranty". the fan started squealing really loud, and it was in immaculate condition, no smoking or anything like that near it, but i didn't want to take the chance of getting stuck with another Ultra if they decided it wasn't covered so i just bought a new one of my choosing. (Antec TPQ 850w. :) ) personally if i had know that i would have to buy a new one to possibly get a warranty replacement i would have never bought it in the first place. my fault for not reading more before buying. :P

Old November 20, 2008, 04:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It's funny how easy internet access, cheap long distance rates, and consumer acceptance of courier services have changed the dynamic of warranty repair over the years.

Used to be that unless there was an authorized dealer down the block most folks would just chuck a failed part unless it died in the first few months.... now folks are actually expecting companies to honour those lifetime warranties, and companies are backpeddling.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 20, 2008, 04:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, I don't really count on warranties usually. I've got an Ultra PSU myself, but it's the X3, which is apparently built off a server platform. So hopefully the ounce of prevention will pay off.
Old November 20, 2008, 04:20 PM
Allstar

I took a chance about 3 years ago and got 2 Ultra X-connect 550w for 36$ each.
They are still running fine ...