Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 14, 2018, 03:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Wireless mechanical keyboards

Does anyone have any suggestions for a wireless mech keyboard? Preferably RF not BT as I'll be using it for gaming. Not interested in corsair or logitech crap.
Old June 14, 2018, 08:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Whats your poison, cherries? Reds, browns, blues? I know you said no logi but I for one am loving these romers once I got used to the shorter stroke. Prob my favorite switch now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 14, 2018, 09:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Preferably blues or browns, but any switch other than romer gs haha :P i like a nice tactile click, If logitech made a TKL wireless board Id possibly consider it.
Old June 15, 2018, 04:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You may want to roam the Massdrop Mechanical Keyboards section to get some ideas, here for example: https://www.massdrop.com/vote/-Best-...ical-Keyboards

I'd been doing a lot of searching for custom mechanical keyboards, thinking wireless would be what I wanted. But a lot of the reviews of the wireless ones suggested that the wireless wasn't great for gaming. Odd, since I use a wireless mouse just fine, but it could be a Bluetooth issue as opposed to 2.4 GHz for example, or even just the implementation by the manufacturer. But the reviews were enough to make me hesitate.

The other thing that turned me away from wireless in the end was I just couldn't get a good sense of how secure the wireless was on the various wireless options out there. Even Logitech has had security issues in the past, but they have patched them. When you get into a custom option it is tough to know what is in the firmware. So I didn't take the chance in the end.

I did some Googling again, and it is actually a bit of a challenge to meet your specs: blues or browns, TKL, wireless AND non-Bluetooth.
i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz (Swiftech H240-X) | ASUS Z97-Pro WiFi | 32GB Patriot Viper 1600MHz | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB, HDD 500GB (x2) | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Corsair 650D | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro