Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21, 2014, 12:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default laser printer print troubles!

MB HP M475DW Printer Issue - Imgur

as in the album above.

I have little idea about laser printer troubleshooting. I wouldn't even know where to start with somethin' like this! I'm assuming it's not a simple issue, but if anyone has any advice / direction, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Most of the toner cartridges are new, except the yellow. I printed a sheet of all yellow as well, with similar results to the all black page.

thanks in advance!

-Lark-
Old October 21, 2014, 12:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the toner and drums are one assembly per colour. If you've replaced those and the issue persists all I can think of is the fuser being the issue.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old October 21, 2014, 12:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

oh yeah, sorry should have specified, the toner and drum is one unit.

I was thinking Fuser / belt as well. someone mentioned power supply but I don't think soooo.

I'm taking it in for service sometime this week, I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered.
Old October 21, 2014, 01:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
MB HP M475DW Printer Issue - Imgur

as in the album above.

I have little idea about laser printer troubleshooting. I wouldn't even know where to start with somethin' like this! I'm assuming it's not a simple issue, but if anyone has any advice / direction, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Most of the toner cartridges are new, except the yellow. I printed a sheet of all yellow as well, with similar results to the all black page.

thanks in advance!

-Lark-
Being that the imaging units are contained within the toner cartridges it would be a bad imaging unit causing that usually. Next possible scenario is power supply.
Old October 21, 2014, 01:40 PM
Rookie

If it were the transfer belt, you would see stretch marks in the text and graphics. We call that 'banding'. Looks to me like the power supply is going out.
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Corsair TX750v2 | MB: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | CPU: Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz | Cooling: Corsair H105 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Viper PC3-12800 | GFX: eVGA GTX 770 Reference | SND: Purity Sound 2 | SSD: Axiom Signature III 240GB | HDD's: WDC 1TB Blue & Hitachi 750GB
Old October 21, 2014, 02:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
oh yeah, sorry should have specified, the toner and drum is one unit.

I was thinking Fuser / belt as well. someone mentioned power supply but I don't think soooo.

I'm taking it in for service sometime this week, I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered.
Pop the fuser out and you can usually look at the area that fuses the toner. Rotate it and see if you notice any oddities to the fuser.