Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6, 2014, 09:10 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default looking for a new mouse

So my trusty logitech g9 has finally fell for the last time. So im in the hunt for a pure gaming mouse. I only play fps. I while back I was looking at a mouse that you could put a gun handle on it. You moved the x and y axis instead of the mouse. Any ideas what company I am trying to find.

Plus what woukd you susjust and why.
Old March 6, 2014, 09:17 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I don't do much FPS stuff but did screw around on the ESO beta and play skyrim on this and such. the G700s is worth a look
Old March 6, 2014, 10:14 AM
MVP

I very much enjoy the G700s, best mouse (for me) I've used out of dozens.

Only real downside is that it's pretty hungry with batteries, I don't like plugging/unplugging it so I just cycle through a couple sets of rechargable AAs.
Old March 6, 2014, 05:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Picking a mouse should mostly come down to your grip style: claw, fingertip or palm.

I have both the G700s and G602. The G602 has it beat everywhere except primary and secondary button feedback, and the side button placement is better (really easy to accidentally press 2 of the side buttons on the G602). The G700s is slightly better for claw/fingertip grip while the G602 is slightly better for palm users. However, I still use the G602 fine with a hybrid claw/palm grip. The G700s is a bit narrower in the rear end so it's a bit looser when I'm moving it around, which I seem to like.

Absolutely hate the sandpaper side grip on the G700s. Makes my hand sweat within a minute, literally.

Last edited by YukonTrooper; March 6, 2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old March 6, 2014, 08:24 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
Picking a mouse should mostly come down to your grip style: claw, fingertip or palm.
Agreed.

I have been on the hunt for the perfect mouse for FPS and I have been through tons.... To be honest I have yet to find anything that is totally perfect... I use a modified claw grip and find myself playing with around 2200dpi sensitivity most of the time and I usually lift my mouse to reposition every 30 seconds or so.

For me a mouse that is responsive, easy to hold, accurate and can be lifted quickly is a must. I have settled on an optical mouse, the Razer 2013 Death Adder and while this is not perfect it comes pretty close to what I need. I would just prefer to have a sightly more rubberized section on each side for my play style and perhaps an extra programmable button on the thumb side. Apart from this, it has been great.

Other mice I have tried over the last year. Steelseries Sensei, Logitech G500, Shogun Bros Balistix, Razer Imperator, Corsair M60 and Mionix 8200.
Old March 7, 2014, 11:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I switched to a Razer Mamba a while ago after being a loyal MX fan. (I have big hands) I'll never look back. It's been an amazing mouse; with good weight, feel, response and great accompanying software. I highly recommend looking in to it.
Old March 17, 2014, 10:39 PM
Trial Member

My System Specs

After encountering some problems with the Madcatz R.A.T. 7, I purchased a Logitech G500 about 9 months ago. Loving it with Bad Company 2 and most recently BF4.
Old March 17, 2014, 11:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Im liking this:

Cooler Master
Storm Sentinel Advance II Gaming Mouse
Old April 19, 2014, 03:21 PM
Rookie

I've owned the following mice:

Logitech mx518
Logitech g500
Steelseries Sensei RAW
CM Storm Spawn
Logitech G100s

The G100s is by far the best mouse I've ever had, although I hear it's not quite as good as the g9x/g9 was.