Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

View Poll Results: What is your Favorite color switch?
Brown 3 37.50%
Blue 2 25.00%
Black 1 12.50%
Red 2 25.00%
Clear 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14, 2014, 09:19 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I came in here hoping to hear about network switches.

On topic: I use Red and wife uses Brown
Old January 15, 2014, 12:30 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Browns with o-rings for noise control. Good compromise, though I really prefer blues or greens for typing because my heavy fat fingers tend to accidentally press keys that they are resting on.
Old January 15, 2014, 05:41 PM

My System Specs

Blues all the way. If you dampen them, they are not all that loud. Quieter than a membrane keyboard bottoming out IMO.
Old January 15, 2014, 06:47 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I spent quite a bit of time at a MemEx trying every color they had and I liked the browns and Reds the best. Blues were too noisy for my taste. I like the feeling of the browns, but in the end I went with reds. I'm a pretty light typer so I can go really fast on the reds and it barely makes a sound, and I don't make too many errors so it hasn't been an issue. Eventually when my K70 needs to be replaced I think I'll be going with reds again. I honestly think it's really a 'to each their own' scenario. There certainly isn't a definitive 'best' colour switch.
Old January 16, 2014, 04:58 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
I spent quite a bit of time at a MemEx trying every color they had and I liked the browns and Reds the best. Blues were too noisy for my taste. I like the feeling of the browns, but in the end I went with reds. I'm a pretty light typer so I can go really fast on the reds and it barely makes a sound, and I don't make too many errors so it hasn't been an issue. Eventually when my K70 needs to be replaced I think I'll be going with reds again. I honestly think it's really a 'to each their own' scenario. There certainly isn't a definitive 'best' colour switch.
I totally agree with this. I love the look of the Logitech G710+ but it has brown switches. If it had blue switches I would have bought 2 lol
Old February 8, 2014, 09:11 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Cherry MX Greens and clears aren't as popular, I'm pretty sure they're somewhat new.
I like Cherry MX reds, for gaming and typing (I type about 10-15WPM faster with reds versus a good membrane keyboard.
Old February 19, 2014, 12:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Stock blues would drive me absolute bonkers for gaming. I think red and brown are the logical first choices to try. Also take o-rings into account because then you can modify feel, travel and noise.

Order four keyboards on Amazon.ca with the different switches and return the three you don't like for a full refund.
Old February 19, 2014, 09:16 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
Stock blues would drive me absolute bonkers for gaming. I think red and brown are the logical first choices to try. Also take o-rings into account because then you can modify feel, travel and noise.

Order four keyboards on Amazon.ca with the different switches and return the three you don't like for a full refund.
I ended up going with the Coolermaster CMStorm Quickfire Rapid with blue switches

Old February 19, 2014, 05:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nice. How do you like it for gaming? My only reservation with blues is the loudness in singleplayer games (I use speakers primarily). Although I do prefer the feel of linear for gaming, I never felt the blues held back my performance in a multiplayer environment, and neither did I care about the loudness in multiplayer gaming where immersion isn't as important.
Old February 19, 2014, 05:21 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
Nice. How do you like it for gaming? My only reservation with blues is the loudness in singleplayer games (I use speakers primarily). Although I do prefer the feel of linear for gaming, I never felt the blues held back my performance in a multiplayer environment, and neither did I care about the loudness in multiplayer gaming where immersion isn't as important.
I love the noise that comes from the blue switches. I don't think i could go to any other switch now