Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 19, 2013, 01:36 PM
MVP

I have seen some acrylic/plastic covered mouse pads cause laser mouse to do this jumping around stuff.

They say you can tell how rich a man's life has been, by how many dogs he has had in it.

RIP Kiwi - Oct 19th/05 - April 18th/11, you will always be our puppy
Old December 19, 2013, 02:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Dunno, all the laser mice I've had have only had issue tracking on dodgy surfaces (pitted/cracked) or if it was a fluffy blanket or a few stray hairs got under them ( am on my 7th laser mouse at the mo and have used too many to count to try out)

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old December 19, 2013, 04:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I tried the mice on different surfaces. Same issue everywhere. I just ordered the Death Adder yesterday. I've been using my wife's Nexxtech el cheapo putting my expensive lasers to shame. Well, I guess I will not be using another laser mouse in the future. The only reason I got the lasers was because I read the could track better on more surfaces than optical. Ha!
Old December 19, 2013, 05:49 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I recently switched to a g700s laser mouse. I use the xxl ssteeseries mouse pad and at high dpi with no issues.
Old December 20, 2013, 06:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

@OP: I'm fine with the Logitech G500 on the rough side of the HWC mouse pad. The Microsoft laser I tried at work couldn't track on anything, but it could've also been dumb wireless.

@Larkstarr: I've got to try the tile one day (have a few left over from a reno hehe)
Old December 20, 2013, 08:47 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Using G700 here on the Hardware Canucks mouse pad rough side zero issues. Like others have said the only time I've seen my mouse act up is if the sensor gets dirty.