Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 20, 2013, 10:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Colour Laser Printer Recommendation

Can anyone recommend me a good colour laser printer for around $200? Tired of inkjet printers getting clogged.. I have a Samsung CLX-3175 and it's not the best printer as it glitches up from time to time, but it does get the job done. I want something that is relatively glitch and most importantly, can automatically print double sided. I guess that means I need one that is multiplex?
Old October 20, 2013, 01:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Firstly, what do you need to print? If colored documents, color laser is fine. If you're printing photos, forget it. I use a laser printer w/ scanner for most of my work, and I keep an ink jet on standby for when I need photo work. For example, when I updated the photo for my PAL license I booted up the inkjet and fed it some photo gloss paper.
Old October 20, 2013, 07:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
Firstly, what do you need to print? If colored documents, color laser is fine. If you're printing photos, forget it. I use a laser printer w/ scanner for most of my work, and I keep an ink jet on standby for when I need photo work. For example, when I updated the photo for my PAL license I booted up the inkjet and fed it some photo gloss paper.
Your typical student stuff like homework documents, occasional photos, Groupons, etc. I don't think I have ever, ever printed pictures lol.
Old October 20, 2013, 08:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

off lease printers $200
Old October 22, 2013, 07:57 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Make sure you look at the cost of the toner and drum. Anything in that price range will be that crappy carousel design as well, ~60 second first page prints. Basically it works out to about 15-20 cents a page when factoring in the toner/drum costs. A print shop might be a cheaper route.
Old October 22, 2013, 09:22 AM
Allstar

Why do you need a colour printer for GroupOn? To be honest, I don't think you even need a colour laser printer. Don't forget some of them won't even print black & white if 1 colour is low. As for pictures, just use a printing service like Walmart or Costco.
Old October 22, 2013, 04:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueByte View Post
Make sure you look at the cost of the toner and drum. Anything in that price range will be that crappy carousel design as well, ~60 second first page prints. Basically it works out to about 15-20 cents a page when factoring in the toner/drum costs. A print shop might be a cheaper route.
I've easily printed more than 100 pages with my Samsung laser printer before I had to replace the toner...

You can't always go to a print shop at 11pm when you're rushing to finish a document. And why would I pay to print outside when I can print at home..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow View Post
Why do you need a colour printer for GroupOn? To be honest, I don't think you even need a colour laser printer. Don't forget some of them won't even print black & white if 1 colour is low. As for pictures, just use a printing service like Walmart or Costco.
It was just an example. I don't need a colour printer, but it's one of those "have one there just in case" kinda thing.