Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 5, 2013, 02:50 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I have the Black Widow and I may gift it to the wife to get the K70 with brown switches.
Old October 9, 2013, 05:30 PM
Allstar

corsair has great gamer boards, but the lack of options is absolutely punishing.

keycaps? not a chance of a matching set if you want legends (you're going to need to buy additional tsangans). not sure about the spacebar, i seem to remember hearing about it being oddly sized (although, i think each and every single gamer board is).

want a TKL? corsair's got you covered - unless you also want backlights or a switch other than red.

need macro keys? corsair also says you need reds as well.

the worst part about all of this is that it's the easiest thing to swap a red with a blue in production (corsair just doesn't want to pay for cheaper blue switches and risk their volume discount for reds)

maybe geekhack goes overboard with keyboards, but never say that they don't understand customizing keyboards; there's a reason filcos, duckys, and topres are more popular over there.

EDIT:

the k70 cable is horrendously horrendous.

it's a shame that corsair refuses to fix these simple things because it's ID is absolutely gorgeous and would win me over instantly.
Old October 9, 2013, 08:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

K70 is available in MX Blue or Brown as well now.
Old October 16, 2013, 12:48 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

So I can't get the black keyboard with the brown switches...