Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 8, 2013, 07:32 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard Review Comment Thread

As a successor to previous legendary G-Series peripherals, Logitech's new G510s keyboard has some big shoes to fill but new features like a fingerprint resistant coating should allow it to stand out.

Read more here: Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard Review
Old July 8, 2013, 07:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Interesting, I like my old 510 but the Razer is long in the tooth for me. Maybe upgrade.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 8, 2013, 08:17 PM
Top Prospect

Great review. Too bad no mechanical keys and dancing on your desk.
Old July 9, 2013, 05:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have the G510 (non S) as my primary keyboard at home. While I like it, I feel like it could use more features for the price point. Definitely, the rubber dome switches are not desirable, and the LCD screen is monochromatic (it changes colour with your backlight) and low resolution. What's more, one of the little legs on the back of the keyboard broke off within a couple of months. The worst part for me though, is the buttons controlling the screen. They are very unpredictable and hard to use. When I press the button that cycles through the different screens, sometimes it switches the screens, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it cycles through two or three screens all at once, meaning I have to cycle through again to find the function that I'm looking for.

My main use for the LCD screen is the clock. It is VERY handy having a little clock right in front of me while I game. I don't use the G-keys at all. Really, I haven't found a use for a single one of them, much less all 54 functions! I LOVE the volume roller on the upper right side of the keyboard. Great feature! The customizable back-lighting on ALL keys is pretty awesome!

If I was to buy a similar keyboard from Logitech, I would probably go for the G19. It has a larger, higher resolution, true colour LCD screen, and less G-keys. Also, it looks cooler.

In all likelihood, my next keyboard will probably be one with mechanical switches and backlighting. I find I don't necessarily need the LCD screen, and the G-keys are useless to me after all.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old July 9, 2013, 06:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

M
EE
HHH

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"