Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Alternatives to Death Adder? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/61984-alternatives-death-adder.html)

sswilson July 3, 2013 12:48 PM

Alternatives to Death Adder?
 
I'm considering replacing my wireless M510 with a wired mouse and so far like the grip of my young lad's Razer Death Adder. Are there any other mice with similar palm style grips that I should also consider, or should I just bite the bullet and buy myself a DA ? (I was considering the sensai, but reviews suggest that it's not a comfortable fit for folks like myself who like a full palm grip).

Keltron 3030 July 3, 2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 718265)
I'm considering replacing my wireless M510 with a wired mouse and so far like the grip of my young lad's Razer Death Adder. Are there any other mice with similar palm style grips that I should also consider, or should I just bite the bullet and buy myself a DA ? (I was considering the sensai, but reviews suggest that it's not a comfortable fit for folks like myself who like a full palm grip).

I got a DeathAdder, and it is a very comfy mouse. However, I don't use it with a full palm grip, so I can't really vouch anything on your possible experience.

I WILL say that they are the toughest things you will ever buy. I've had mine for almost 5 years now, and it still performs very well.

Pabz0r545 July 3, 2013 02:06 PM

If you really like the Deathadder why not just go with one for yourself? Is there a particular reason you are looking for an alternative?

I LOVE my IR Deathadder and will be extremely sad the day it dies. I'm a palm style gripper too.

SugarJ July 3, 2013 02:25 PM

Let me have a look, I might have an older DA I can give you in the box of stuff in the closet. Seems to me I put it up cheap on here and no one wanted it.

sswilson July 3, 2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 (Post 718281)
If you really like the Deathadder why not just go with one for yourself? Is there a particular reason you are looking for an alternative?

I LOVE my IR Deathadder and will be extremely sad the day it dies. I'm a palm style gripper too.

I'm leaning in that direction, but wanted to see if there was a similar model I wasn't aware of which may have higher recommendations.

Thund3rball July 3, 2013 02:40 PM

I miss my Deathadder. I replaced it with some Gigabyte gamer mouse on super sale when it died. :(

sswilson July 3, 2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarJ (Post 718283)
Let me have a look, I might have an older DA I can give you in the box of stuff in the closet. Seems to me I put it up cheap on here and no one wanted it.

Thanks for the offer, but three positive reviews from members and I went out and bought one. ;)

Only thing I didn't like about installing it on my young lad's PC was the requirement to register for the software.

zoob July 3, 2013 04:45 PM

+1 for DA. I use full palm grip and find it the best mouse so far (coming from a long line of Logitechs and MS in the past). I'm a low sens player and the perfect tracking on the esr review is what caught me.

Two bad things I have to say:
- Switches wear out (need to perform surgery on two of my old ones)
- My old keyboard is a Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 keyboard which sometimes caused me to TK if I swiped too far to the left and hit the keyboard with my mouse. The height of the keyboard was just perfect enough to trigger the left button. :whistle:

Make sure you flash the firmware with your desired firmware for drift or no drift control.

ZZLEE July 3, 2013 05:19 PM

I have an old death adder its gummed up with human element. 1800dpi and 7 or so years old.

I have gone to a RAT 7. I used all extra bits and now its nice an comfortable. I have not touched an adjustment screw in months.

sswilson July 3, 2013 05:24 PM

The new(er) ones are 6400 dpi, and other than the comfort of the fit I'm a huge fan of the 7' cable that comes attached to it.... ;)

I don't do FPS games so most of the fancy settings are wasted on me. :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 PM.