Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 5, 2013, 07:54 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top1105 View Post
I owned a Corsair K90 which was Cherry Red. It had all the features I wanted, except that the keys were so light. I couldn't stand them Cherry Reds, felt like as soon as I touch the keys they pressed. I sold it in about a month.
Then I switch to the Cooler Master Trigger Cherry Blacks, which is ok, but I hated the red backlight and crappy software.

I sold that one as well and finally got a Logitech G710+ with Cherry Brown keys. Perfect keyboard for me.

I never tried Blue keys, and browns and blacks feel very similar.
Good to know.
I've been thinking of the Corsair K90 - was waiting on the K95 but they want too much for that keyboard.
As for colours - why is it only non-mechanical gamer style keyboard have the pick any colour you want feature? I'm waiting until someone makes a mechanical (I'm thinking browns from what I read) and want it with select your colour - and select multiple colours for different keys - why not?

And while they are at it, only gigabyte is keeping up with the program an offering USB 3.0 My only USB 3 port is on the back of my PC. I want to get high speed USB 3 jump drive and not have to pull my PC out to use it. (Of course I could just buy a USB 3 hub and may have to do that).

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old June 5, 2013, 08:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Check out part 2 of Dmitry's video here: Rosewill Shows off new Cases, PSUs, and Keyboards at Computex 2013 | Hardware Canucks

The new Rosewill K9200 looks pretty good, lighting colors selectable by zones.
Old June 5, 2013, 10:56 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I've never considered Rosewill to be quality stuff - am I wrong about that? And as far as I can tell it seems to be exclusive to Newegg and that's a problem becasue Newegg.ca will not mail to rural Canada. Tried both my own post office box and my office address, Newegg's website refused to accept either one. Sent them a message and they said sorry that's how it is. Good thing our farmers still send food to the city even though the city won't send stuff to us. I did see another vendor "hookbag" has some Rosewill stuff but never heard of them. Anyone buy from Hookbag?

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old June 6, 2013, 02:47 PM
Top Prospect

You should have a "street" address, all farm sites and acreages are supposed to have one, but they're never used so we don't know them. Contact you county/MD office for it then punch that in. I don't think I've ever had it work, but I've reached the point where I find it fun to mess with shippers that don't like PO boxes.
Old June 6, 2013, 06:07 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I have a street address - that did not work. We do not get mail or any other delivery to the house in these parts, not short of a shipping company, but never a courier service. We have to go to the local Co-Op and pick up our Purelator and other such couriered packages. That works. Small parcels are put into our "super" mail box which are all grouped together down by the church parking lot. If the parcel is too big or if you need to sign for it (and usually means pay for it) then you get a card and have to go to town to the main post office box and get it there. Couriers do deliver to the street address for my office in town - but we still don't get mail delivery, that still comes to a PO Box. Tried my office street address and my office mailing address. I found with NCIX I had to use my office mailing address as they had a surcharge to send to a post office box with a postal code that has a zero in it. First I ever heard of that. My home postal code has two zeros in it, my office p.o. box has none. Most curious. Called NCIX and they said that is just their policy. I've never heard it cost more to mail something to a postal code with a zero in it? How strange is that? Anyway, gave up on Newegg.ca Memory Express ships to my home p.o. box no problem, even Amazon.ca has no problems, nor any number of other vendors, including some from the USA. But there are a few that are just not interested in serving us rural country bum kins I guess.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old June 6, 2013, 08:24 PM
Top Prospect

Well, you learn something new every day. I knew that there was a marker in the postal codes that told shippers an address was rural, but after you mentioned the 0 in the postal code costing more I looked it up and the 0 designates a rural postal code.
Old June 8, 2013, 12:41 AM
MVP

Has anyone here tried Topre keyboards? I'm really considering getting one, even though the price is kinda ridiculous. It seems to be much quieter than cherry switches, in that the frequency of the noise is much lower due to the rubber.
Old June 8, 2013, 10:48 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Ask about Topre at Geekhacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMan View Post
Has anyone here tried Topre keyboards? I'm really considering getting one, even though the price is kinda ridiculous. It seems to be much quieter than cherry switches, in that the frequency of the noise is much lower due to the rubber.
That Geekhack forum seems to be all about keyboards. A quick search on their site returned multiple hits on Topre. Go to geekhacks.org

Where would you buy one? I tried looking it up at shopbot.ca and got no replies, they cover most Canadian retailers, google did have one at Amazon.com imported from Japan.

And ouch - those are expensive if you can find one.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig

Last edited by fortkentdad; June 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old June 8, 2013, 02:39 PM
MVP

They start at $235
elitekeyboards.com - Products

US-based company, they used to be the major retailer for Filco keyboards.
Old June 10, 2013, 02:22 AM
Rookie

Just saw this today!!! Corsair will have Blue/Brown Keys!!!
Vengeance K70 Fully-Mechanical Keyboard

around 9:30 in the video:
Corsair Air 540 & 330R Cases, Vengeance Pro RAM, M30, M40, K50, K65, K70 - Computex 2013 - YouTube