Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12, 2013, 01:44 AM
Allstar

I use brown. They sacrifice a little bit of "clicky-ness" for a quieter and softer click. I like to game at night while the wife is sleeping. It's not silent though.

I don't play MMO much so macro isn't important. I have proper LED lighting for all my desk with the keyboard, mouse, ashtray and other stuff, and my WASD keys are painted. I did all that just to avoid gaming keyboards and get this

Das Keyboard Professional Mechanical Keyboard With Media Controls - Soft Pressure Point

Although from the reviews I can say that Corsair makes the best Mech. gaming Keyborads, nothing beats DAS in the $120~140 range.
Old May 12, 2013, 02:18 AM
MVP

I bought the Thermaltake Meka G1 about ~2 years ago and still going strong. They're blacks and much quieter without the tactile feedback. I bottom out keys with each press anyway, so this is perfect for me.
My only gripe with this keyboard is the lack of the Windows key on the left side.

I'm seriously considering a tenkeyless keyboard and red keys though, from what I read, it'll suit me much better.
Old May 13, 2013, 09:29 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMan View Post
I bought the Thermaltake Meka G1 about ~2 years ago and still going strong. They're blacks and much quieter without the tactile feedback. I bottom out keys with each press anyway, so this is perfect for me.
My only gripe with this keyboard is the lack of the Windows key on the left side.

I'm seriously considering a tenkeyless keyboard and red keys though, from what I read, it'll suit me much better.
If you like blacks you might not enjoy reds since they are way softer than what you're used to.
Old May 20, 2013, 05:44 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post
Also, are there any mechanical keyboards that are waterproof?
There might be some in the Korean market but will probably cost more than a GTX Titan.

Regular mechanical keyboards are pretty resilient to spills though. I've spilled plenty on my Model M and it has no issues (but then again, it has outflow holes at the bottom for this case). I've almost killed my tkl quickfire rapid, but after I dried it out completely and cleaned it, it started working again (without needing to open it).
Old May 23, 2013, 01:20 AM
Allstar

how often are people spilling water on their keyboards?

I've literally never seen this before in real life.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:36 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User #2 View Post

Coffee yes - water no.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old May 24, 2013, 03:34 PM
Top Prospect

I never bring food to my computer table now. Spilled milk once into a system a long time ago, I've learned my lesson lol.
Old May 24, 2013, 05:54 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User #2 View Post

I've spilled a Rockstar on my Filco like twice in the past couple of months.
Old June 5, 2013, 08:51 AM
Rookie

I owned a Corsair K90 which was Cherry Red. It had all the features I wanted, except that the keys were so light. I couldn't stand them Cherry Reds, felt like as soon as I touch the keys they pressed. I sold it in about a month.
Then I switch to the Cooler Master Trigger Cherry Blacks, which is ok, but I hated the red backlight and crappy software.

I sold that one as well and finally got a Logitech G710+ with Cherry Brown keys. Perfect keyboard for me.

I never tried Blue keys, and browns and blacks feel very similar.
Old June 5, 2013, 09:50 AM
MVP

geekhack - Index