Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2, 2013, 07:22 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default I Won a Thrustmaster GP XID

Package arrived from France today. A nice new Thrustmaster Gamepad.

From what I can see it is not readily available the few sites like Amazon.com which does list it shows it unavailable.

I already have a logitech 310, will have to try this one on for size and see if I like it better. It is slightly larger and the joysticks are positioned a little differently. Will post update after I've played with it for a while. It will also add another bunch of buttons and axis that I can use when playing my flight sims - never have too many buttons when flying a plane.

Here's a review by Toronto Thumbs (no I never heard of them before...)

Toronto Thumbs: By Canadian Gamers Reviews Thrustmaster GP XID

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old April 6, 2013, 09:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

xbox clone?
Old April 7, 2013, 07:57 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Been playing Dirt3 with this gamepad - works as it should, not sure I can say it is any better than the Logitech F310 I already have - feels a little bigger in my big hands, prefer the feel of it. Did have a problem with accidentally triggering the video capture while in play - had to remap one of the buttons but that was easily done and I'm not sure that is a device problem or game issue, either way the fix was quick. I'm not very proficient with the game so not the best judge of the nuances of difference between these two devices. I did notice that I had to unplug it and re-plug it in as Windows7 failed to find it this a.m. not sure whats up with that but a simple replug worked. A bother though as I have to slide my PC out to get to the back of my machine. I need to pick me up a new USB hub to make access to my ports easier.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig