Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25, 2013, 05:49 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Dancing_Banana Cherry MX Brown Keyboard Recommendations

It seems that the Quickfire TK isn't available with brown switches for whatever reason. What alternative keyboards do you recommend that have brown switches and backlighting? Size doesn't matter much, and I'm not particularly wild about any of the other CM Storm keyboards. Thanks

Also, anybody know who the CM rep is?

Last edited by concinnity; March 25, 2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old March 25, 2013, 06:48 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

The new Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate has great green back lighting and uses cherry browns. I am using it right now and I like it. Prior to this I used the first gen Blackwidow with the blue back light and it used cherry blues. The difference is very notice able to me the, blues seem to activate with less pressure and had a more clicky sound to them, the browns are still clicky but you have to bottom out the switch to get a good solid click from the, the blues click on key activation. I like both boards very much, if I had to choose I would use the cherry blues because I like the feedback on key activation, but I end up using the computer late at night so the browns make life a little quieter in the office, so It's browns for now.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old March 25, 2013, 09:19 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Using a Logitech G710+ and liking it quite well. I looked at the blackwidow, but it doesn't have a wrist rest. (which you shouldn't need if you have proper posture)

Quickfire TK is available in mx brown. SGK-4020-GKCM1 Canada Computers | Keyboards, Mice, Tablets, Digital WhiteBoard | Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire TK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (SGK-4020-GKCM1-US) | Full LED Backlight (White) | Cherry Brown Switch

So is the quickfire pro. SGK-4010-GKCM1 Newegg.ca - Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard CherryMX Brown Switch USB
Server - i5 3450, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe, 4GB DDR3, LSI MegaRAID 9240-8I, OCZ Vertex 4 120GB, 2x SG Barracuda 3TB(RAID1), 2x WD green 2TB(RAID1), Fractal Design Array R2, WHS 2011
Old March 25, 2013, 11:17 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I am using the Storm Trigger and am quite happy with it. Layout and font both are nice, it's rather compact if you aren't using the hand rest and the full deep red illumination is nice. Also, after more than half a year of usage, it still looks like new, which no other keyboard I used before managed to do.
Old March 26, 2013, 08:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Rosewill? Newegg.ca - Computer Hardware, Rosewill, Keyboards, Gaming

There was a sale not too long ago. Problem is, they're not worth it at regular price as the quality seems to be iffy because of the USB ports. I believe the 2nd gen, if there is one, fixed that problem though.
Old March 26, 2013, 09:07 AM

My System Specs

Why are you not happy w/ the Cooler Master? They are Filco OEMs and I'd honestly take them over any anything else in the price range.
Old March 26, 2013, 12:49 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Why are you not happy w/ the Cooler Master? They are Filco OEMs and I'd honestly take them over any anything else in the price range.
I know they are Filco OEM's, I just don't like any of the models except for the Quickfire TK.
Old March 26, 2013, 01:06 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

After doing some poking around, it seemed that the brown version hadn't been released in NA yet due to a backplate color change. ETA is set late March (now?) so I'll be waiting this one out just a little longer...
Old March 26, 2013, 03:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

here is the one I own, browns rule!!!
PC-Canada.com - SGK-4010-GKCM1-US Cm Storm Quickfire Pro Mechanical Gaming Kbd
Old April 9, 2013, 08:55 PM
Manufacturer Rep

I just bought a Max Keyboard NightHawk X8 keyboard (funny, I would have bought the X9 but it's based on Red switches) You can like them on Facebook, message them, and get 10% off. Got the Keyboard, o-rings, custom lighting and key ring puller for 170 shipped.

Hope it's here by the end of the week.