Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 3, 2013, 01:57 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default New Toy - Wacom Capture graphic tablet

Just bought a Bamboo Capture by Wacom. Now I need to learn how to use it. Looks like it could be fun but my hand eye coordination needs work. I think it will have a steeper learning curve than first thought. Initially thought I'd get the Splash which is on sale for $59 at various places (the Source for example) but it comes in black and Lime Green - who wants a Lime Green trimmed pad on their desk. And the Splash does not have the Express Buttons nor does it support the new "multi-touch" - which means it also acts like a big touchpad like you see on laptops. So, to avoid adding Lime Green to my desktop I paid the extra $40 and went for the Capture edition. I was a little concerned whether the Capture's drawing surface would be big enough, the Create version is the next size up and is twice the money at $180+ and other than the size is pretty much the same as the Capture.

I did consider the Intuos5 models - but they start over $220, I think the Bamboo will be more than I can manage.

Now to get from scribbles to art.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old March 3, 2013, 01:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

That's a scanned image of the box, the tablet itself is actually silver in colour with black trim, and blue light. Not white as the box suggests. Nothing bamboo-ish about it??
Old March 3, 2013, 02:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I see you have windows 8 installed, do you mind testing gestures for windows 8 on it? If I were to get one that'd be an awesome side feature for when im not using photoshop.
Old March 3, 2013, 04:07 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Just learning how to use the gestures in Windows 8 now. Gives me great empathy for my mother when I first tried to teach her how to use a mouse. The mouse is like an extension of my hand I am so used to it, but this gesture thing does take some getting used to. But I can see that it will be a nice tool, once I get the hang of it. So far all I have been able to do is scribble, my art is like the art of a three year old. Not mentioned in the literature is the free lessons in patience this thing brings with it.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig