Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3, 2013, 04:11 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Metadot Das Ultimate Keyboard

I've been looking at the Metadot Das Ultimate S Keyboard for a little while and picked it up today from Canada Computers (link). My only concern is the clerk wasn't 100% sure it was the model with blue switches and not the model with the brown switches. He matched it up with the UPC code and the price was correct, but nowhere on the box does it say what type of switches the keyboard has.

Since Canada Computers has a 5% restocking fee on keyboards, I have opened it up as carefully as I could and checked the model number on the back. It reads DASK3ULTMS1CO. The model on the Canada Computers website is DASK3ULTMS1. They're very similar but slightly different. I did some googling on the model number to see what type of switches I have but the info I was able to find was spotty at best (though it seems it has blues, but I'd like to be sure). The particular model number I have seems to be rather rare as well.

I was just curious if anyone happens to know what type of switches the keyboard I bought has. I really prefer the blue switches over the brown ones.

Thanks in advance!
Old February 3, 2013, 05:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Pull a keycap off and check for yourself. And you should be able to tell if its blue or brown by typing on it.
Old February 3, 2013, 05:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have that same keyboard. They are indeed blue switches.
Old February 3, 2013, 06:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Press a key down slowly and smoothly, a blue switch will make a very audible defined click before bottoming out. If you have them, you will know it. Blacks, browns, what have you, will make their noise when you bottom them out instead of before.
Old February 3, 2013, 08:07 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Thanks everyone for the replies. I checked a few videos on Youtube that compared them and I definitely have the blue switches. Happy with my purchase so far (my first mechanical keyboard), and it's perfect with the blank keys since I use the Dvorak layout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Pull a keycap off and check for yourself. And you should be able to tell if its blue or brown by typing on it.
Due the restocking fee I was hoping to avoid doing something like that, since it's covered in that plastic cover.

Cheers!
Old February 4, 2013, 12:00 AM
Allstar

Any Das keyboard with the words "Silent" or "soft pressure" will be brown. Congrats on the keyboard. Best keyboard purchase I made.