Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Most ergonomic gaming mice (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/59127-most-ergonomic-gaming-mice.html)

guilly January 14, 2013 04:05 AM

Most ergonomic gaming mice

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a decent gaming mouse that is ergonomic and requires little wrist movement?

I currently use a logitech trackball at work and that seems to be the only mouse that I do not get wrist pains. I can usually go 2-3 hours before my wrist starts to bother me.

Thanks!

SKYMTL January 14, 2013 05:10 AM

This is a tough one since everyone has their own preference with mice. For example, I love my ancient Logitech MX510 but my girlfriend finds it impossible to use for more than 15 minutes without serious discomfort.

She actually uses a G9, which I find uncomfortable for extended periods.

What I would suggest is you give us some additional info. What kind of mouse user are you? Palm grip, Claw grip or Finger grip?

If you don't know which of these you are, check out Razer's excellent guide:

Guide to Gaming Mouse | Razer Gaming Mouse Advisor | Razer? | For Gamers. By Gamers.?

Once you know the "technical" term of your grip style, choosing a mouse becomes much easier. :)

guilly January 14, 2013 08:54 AM

I would say I'm a calm grip type of user. But I would be opened to trying something different if it would minimize wrist movement....
Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 684173)
This is a tough one since everyone has their own preference with mice. For example, I love my ancient Logitech MX510 but my girlfriend finds it impossible to use for more than 15 minutes without serious discomfort.

She actually uses a G9, which I find uncomfortable for extended periods.

What I would suggest is you give us some additional info. What kind of mouse user are you? Palm grip, Claw grip or Finger grip?

If you don't know which of these you are, check out Razer's excellent guide:

Guide to Gaming Mouse | Razer Gaming Mouse Advisor | Razer? | For Gamers. By Gamers.?

Once you know the "technical" term of your grip style, choosing a mouse becomes much easier. :)

SKYMTL January 14, 2013 09:54 AM

In that case, the sky's the limit.....

bliz January 14, 2013 10:27 AM

Cyborg R.A.T 7 is extremely good and ergonomic.

Jackquelegs January 14, 2013 11:51 AM

In my opinion:
Wireless: Logitech G700/Performance MX, Razer Mamba
Wired: Razer Deathadder

currently using the razer ouroboros, it's nothing to write home about

AkG January 14, 2013 01:16 PM

As a long time tackball user....if the trackball works for you...stick with it. I personally use a M570 (on my 4th as I kill an avg 1 every 8mths), RAT 7 and CM Spawn. The trackball for day to day tasks. RAT 7 for when I feel like a finger or palm grip (easily coverts between the two in a couple seconds) and the Spawn for the days I feel like using a claw grip. IE if you have issues with Carpal Tunnel...dont expect ONE device to be perfect for every single scenario. :)

ZZLEE January 14, 2013 02:58 PM

I have a RAT 7 its growing on me Like it allot. I was on a Deatheadder.

Masteroderus January 14, 2013 03:02 PM

I used to use the razer imperator, and it was great for a claw/fingertip grip.

Now i use the naga epic, originally for a MMO, but now for everything. It has 3 "bodies" that are included that snap in/out of the main chassis. So there's a palm grip, claw grip and fingertip grip body.

I have big hands (i'm 6'4'', a large man) and the epic fits perfectly with the claw grip.

It performs better than my imperator in bf3, and the thumb buttons are so clutch once you learn how to use them.

It's also wireless/wired, but I always run it in wired mode.

Dzzope January 14, 2013 03:35 PM

Just one note, if your suffering from wrist pain and don't want to move the mouse much, you just turn the sensitivity up and use tiny movements with the mouse to navigate.

I also find that holding your forearm off the desk while moving, causes much less strain on the wrist.