Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 28, 2012, 01:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Woah. Talk about a thread going sideways.

To Ena - Relax mate, no need to go to the level you have with these posts.

To the OP - It is really a roll of the dice with most manufactured products. Sure, there is a level of inspection but most times one out of ever x amount of units is actually inspected. That, is the level of QC that exists for most mass manufactured items.
However, your best course of action is right at the beginning, which is what everyone else here is echoing. Talk to Corsair, explain the situation and they will do many things to ensure your satisfaction.

As for that Dell Keyboard? Well, it isn't dell. But a Traditional (crappy) keyboard is actually a roboust and simple device that really has a unique longevity. Bad example of an item IMO.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 28, 2012, 01:28 PM
Allstar

Actually when I order a case I'm more worry of what UPS will do with it than receive a defective one. On my 800d the power button come defective, they send me the full hardness for free, just call them.
Old December 28, 2012, 02:18 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin1706 View Post
I've had the opposite experience with corsair. I really like my 800d, K90 and haven't had any corsair ram go bad either. I actually think I will be getting the 900d and maybe a 1200i psu from them as well. I would definitely call/email customer service and see what they will do for you.
Had great service from Corsair. I emailed and asked for an 800D upgrade kit for free and it was sent no questions asked. Retailed for about $40. Was not an RMA either.

This 900D comment had me looking...that thing looks like a beast! edit: then I just found the HWC thread for it ;p
Fold for team #54196
Old December 28, 2012, 07:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Jeez, what's up Enab's ass? lol

To the OP: I've personally have not had as much bad luck as you have with Corsair, but I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect that switches and plugs are correctly positioned and labelled. I don't think that's a retarded expectation whatsoever, even on the cheap cases. I don't care if I'm paying a dollar for a case, if it says it has front panel mic and headphone jacks, I expect them to be there and correctly labelled.
Old January 1, 2013, 01:06 PM
Rookie

corsair has some of the best quality imo, and there return policy is the best in the industry.
Old January 1, 2013, 01:31 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Had great service from Corsair. I emailed and asked for an 800D upgrade kit for free and it was sent no questions asked. Retailed for about $40. Was not an RMA either.

This 900D comment had me looking...that thing looks like a beast! edit: then I just found the HWC thread for it ;p
Holy crap! That's SPACKTACKULAR.
Old January 11, 2013, 09:19 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Just wanted to post an update. Got an RMA no problem, took about a week to get a new one. All the keys work, but now the LED under the 5 key doesn't come on. Doesn't bother me much, I can fix it, but wherefore art thou Quality Assurance?
Old January 11, 2013, 10:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by concinnity View Post
Just wanted to post an update. Got an RMA no problem, took about a week to get a new one. All the keys work, but now the LED under the 5 key doesn't come on. Doesn't bother me much, I can fix it, but wherefore art thou Quality Assurance?
Your REALLY going to come back in here and complain about Quality Assurance AFTER they helped you quickly and efficiently?

Did you do any research on this keyboard to see if this was a ongoing issue or an issue that arose a lot?

Sounds like these keyboards are just junk and I'd spend my money elsewhere.