Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 25, 2012, 10:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by concinnity View Post
Has anyone else had nothing but bad luck with Corsair? First, my 300R has the mic and headphone ports backwards, and now my K90 has a broken key. It surprises me that it seems that everyone else raves about them, and I get the one that slipped through the QC.
The only thing I purchase from Corsair is memory and I've never had a single RAM module fail on me, and I have purchased enough RAM to open a store :D I've had failures with other brands, but not Corsair.

QC issues is something any company can face, even the best....one thing for sure, I don't know a single company that will check each and every item - and when you are talking about large volumes, it is absolutely unrealistic to expect every single unit to be inspected, never happens. There will be bad units among the bunch, guaranteed, with any type of product, and companies KNOW this and set aside a % of their revenues to deal with this. I have personally seen people purchase $4k items and they had defects out of the box. Out of the millions that are sold, there WILL be bad units, and no company will inspect each and every one.

Are companies cutting corners and quality control overall compared to many years ago, I would say yes. Prices have gone down a long way and some corners are being cut. What matters is how well a company deals with this. Some handle it better than others. I've ordered a lot from Corsair and Seagate, and with the volume, I had not had a single failure, (surprised about it myself). And I have actually had 3 failures in a row with Micron Memory ages ago so it's the luck of the draw really when you purchase a product there is always a risk you may get the bad apple out of the bunch and no company is immune from this.

Last edited by DarKStar; December 25, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old December 25, 2012, 11:06 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

how is having a backwards mic Corsairs fault? does that not plug into your mobo,I love my 300. Am I missing something?
Old December 26, 2012, 12:36 PM

Not sure why everyone is piling on this guy. He's asking a question, not ranting, and it's not an isolated incident for him....

To the OP: Bad stuff happens, but a company's reputation is made by how they DEAL with it, not by whether they ship a lemon once in a while. Corsair will take care of you. Just get in touch with them :)

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old December 26, 2012, 12:50 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Not sure why everyone is piling on this guy. He's asking a question, not ranting, and it's not an isolated incident for him....

To the OP: Bad stuff happens, but a company's reputation is made by how they DEAL with it, not by whether they ship a lemon once in a while. Corsair will take care of you. Just get in touch with them :)
Yup, mass produced items are mass produced. Even the best QA misses the occasional issue. Corsair will make it right. To the OP, let us know how it goes mate....and I hope its the last time you have to talk to their RMA dept.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old December 26, 2012, 01:38 PM
Allstar

This is not something easy to see with eyes inspection QA, ask Corsair to send you a new wire hardness, they are no need to return the full case.
Old December 26, 2012, 08:40 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I've had the opposite experience with corsair. I really like my 800d, K90 and haven't had any corsair ram go bad either. I actually think I will be getting the 900d and maybe a 1200i psu from them as well. I would definitely call/email customer service and see what they will do for you.
Server - i5 3450, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe, 4GB DDR3, LSI MegaRAID 9240-8I, OCZ Vertex 4 120GB, 2x SG Barracuda 3TB(RAID1), 2x WD green 2TB(RAID1), Fractal Design Array R2, WHS 2011
Old December 27, 2012, 07:37 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post

Everyone is getting on this guy because instead of being sensible and going to corsair and then posting or at least saying that he's going to try to rma he just comes on here and says "omg I got 2 bad corsair products they are so terrible im not buying them again"
Old December 27, 2012, 07:49 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

The OP is assuming 100% inspection, needs to understand the difference between QA and QC.

Old December 27, 2012, 08:05 AM
Allstar

Like every company there is good and bad. I bought one of their 32GB USB3 sticks and I have had it replaced 5 times..... I admit that particular product is bad. That being said I am quite happy with their RAM, Power supplies, Hydro series, mice. The keyboard was cheaped out on but is still a solid enough product that I don't dislike it.

They replace everything I have had RMAed with no issues and are quick about it. Wish they had a RMA location in Canada so it was not so much to ship large parcels to them. Its how they treat you when it fails and corsair does a excellent job about it.

All that aside, who are you buying from that you are not getting 30 day store warranty at least? if it was that much of a issue I would have taken it back to the store got a new one and walked back out...or free shipping back.... not that big of a deal.
Old December 28, 2012, 12:33 PM
Top Prospect

Holy moly angry mob syndrome!

OP, I think you just got unlucky. After seeing NCIX's Corsair dream machine build I swapped by Cooler Master case for a Corsair. After receiving the case I ordered a k90, h100 and am now considering swapping for a Corsair modular PSU. Being a brand whore is A-ok with me when the parts are quality!

Contact Corsair and have it rectified and see what they can do extra to retain you as a customer. Nothing wrong with expecting a little bit more than simply replacing a faulty item :)