Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Anybody here ever experienced a double clicking mouse ? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/58536-anybody-here-ever-experienced-double-clicking-mouse.html)

implosion222 December 13, 2012 10:30 PM

Anybody here ever experienced a double clicking mouse ?

Well needless to say , this is pissing me off to no end. I had an Iraki Steelseries laser mouse for a while then I started having issues with it. The right click felt it was getting sticky and then I had the double click issue. Everytime I click once it would click again. Very annoying in game. So I decided that it was time to put that mouse to rest and buy a new one.

I decided to pick up the same mouse because even tho I had issues with the previous one it still had lots of mileage on it and I accepted the fact that it was getting old. Well low and behold , 3 months after I bought the new one.. double clicking started again. I've googled the issue and most people seem to think that it's hardware related. I'm kind of ticked off considering how new this thing is but I see no other choice but to replace it with a new mouse. Any recommendations ?

Marute December 14, 2012 12:07 AM

Can you return it or is it too late for that? I had the same thing happening to a Logitech mouse a couple of months ago (it was very old though and had worked perfectly so far). I replaced it with a Razer DeathAdder and it's a dream to use so far.

supaflyx3 December 14, 2012 01:08 AM

Ikari laser isn't produced anymore, so returning it for a new one isn't a possibility. Have you tried taking it apart and cleaning it with alcohol?

Marute December 14, 2012 01:19 AM

No I haven't, I just figured it was dead. But I guess you could try since you can't return it anyway. It might do the trick. ;)

ilya December 14, 2012 04:38 AM

Get a warranty replacement.

If you can't and don't mind DIY, open up the Omron switch and bend back the spring.

EDIT: Be careful not to break it, although replacement switches are cheap the shipping is usually expensive.

Fleurious December 14, 2012 07:10 AM

I had that issue with a brand new CM sentinel mouse, I figured it was probably a finicky switch, it eventually went away with the help of some angry clicking sessions.

ZZLEE December 14, 2012 07:17 AM

On my deathe adder running a peace of paper though it where the switch is cleans out most of the human elements that cause problems with my 6 year old mouse.
:)

implosion222 December 14, 2012 08:13 AM

I'll try some cleaning tonight I suppose.. I'm not getting my hopes up tho.

samhell44 December 14, 2012 09:15 AM

hey dude i got a guide for you atleast you wont go blind on it Repair mouse with double click problem
its not the same mouse but should be almost the same sensor hope it helps ya

Shadowmeph December 14, 2012 09:18 AM

I have a mouse doing the same thing I took it apart no problem but broke one of the little clips putting it back to gether and ended up crazy gluing that part... well the mouse still works .