Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   I need a new gaming keyboard. (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/58109-i-need-new-gaming-keyboard.html)

snatchby November 25, 2012 06:18 PM

I need a new gaming keyboard.

Upgrading from a wave...

I would like to get a nice mechanical keyboard with LED backlighting. Budget is about $130. What are your suggestions?

snatchby November 25, 2012 07:21 PM

search complete

lol
just stumbled upon this. finally logitech has joined the mech game.
Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/ Adjustable DUAL-ZONE Backlighting USB

dustin1706 November 25, 2012 07:38 PM

Do you want a specific colour backlight? Do you want macro keys? Do you want media controls? Do you want a numpad? Do you know which keys you prefer (blue, brown, red etc.)

The g710+ looks pretty cool, the K90 is another popular option. If you want something plainer but with a choice of mech keys check out ducky keyboards.

Masteroderus November 26, 2012 10:35 AM

Razer blackwidow ultimate is around that price.

Mine is about 2 years old now and it's still working perfect.

BigPhatPaulie November 26, 2012 05:54 PM

I would suggest the corsair also.. The different thing about it is that EACH key is backlight by an individual led and the keys are raised above the aluminum backplate for easy cleaning

LarkStarr November 26, 2012 06:47 PM

..and only the keyboard keys are mechanical. The rest of them are membrane. That bothers a -lot- of people. There doesn't seem to be a plethora of choice here in Canada given your request (read: backlighting) other then Razer. I hate hate hate the font they use personally. the g710 (and the Corsair) is the only other option you really have. Did you have a particular switch type in mind?

A Ducky you'd have to import, or go through an importer.

le2key November 27, 2012 12:48 AM

I don't know about the Corsair K90, but I would stay away from the K60 for gaming If I were you. The keyboard looks great and the build quality is top notch, but for some reason it ghosts a lot. It usually happens when I'm scrolling through pictures or pressing the space bar repeatedly. While ingame, sometimes some of the buttons stop working all together like it gets jammed or something.

K60 Ghosting / abnormal function - The Corsair Support Forums

Others that have the same issue; apparently Corsair is working on a fix.

NSdeadly1 November 27, 2012 12:57 PM

I have the K90 and love it. Yes not all the keys are mechanical, but the main keys you will be using every day are. As far as the ghosting issue, i haven't experienced it with the K90.

Slik November 27, 2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masteroderus (Post 673540)
Razer blackwidow ultimate is around that price.

Mine is about 2 years old now and it's still working perfect.

I just ordered that keyboard. The BF3 Edition. VERY nice keyboard.

snatchby November 29, 2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustin1706 (Post 673426)
Do you want a specific colour backlight? Do you want macro keys? Do you want media controls? Do you want a numpad? Do you know which keys you prefer (blue, brown, red etc.)

The g710+ looks pretty cool, the K90 is another popular option. If you want something plainer but with a choice of mech keys check out ducky keyboards.

anything but green led. macro keys arent needed but dedicated media controls are nice to have. numpad yes and brown or black preferably.

i think the 710 uses brown switches.