Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2012, 12:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Gunnar Glasses

Anyone got a pair of Rx Gunnar Glasses? I spend 8-10 hours a day sitting surrounded by 6 screens and being that I've got bad vision anyways I'm going to get a pair of these next week when I get my new refraction done.

I'm going to get a pair of the tinted ones that are designed to make sitting infront of a computer more comfortable.
Old November 1, 2012, 12:36 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I got a pair cheap, I am not used to glasses, my vision is good but have been spending an increasing amount of time in front on screens and thought the same as you. My problem is they have a slight magnification to them and I cant seem to get used to them. The contrasting is fine, and I can accept that fairly quickly but the magnification throws me, and actually makes me feel a bit off.... I don't know if I need to get used to them, or what but thought I would share my experience with them.

From some random reviews if you pay retail they are slightly overpriced then a comparable glass from somewhere else, but the glass in them is pretty good stuff and didn't find anywhere faulting them for that.
Old November 1, 2012, 01:00 PM

My System Specs

I ordered a pair earlier this week. They haven't shipped yet though. I really hope they help w/ eye fatigue.
Old November 1, 2012, 01:03 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yea thats my hope as well. These headaches are getting on my nerves
Old November 1, 2012, 01:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I never got around to buying a pair myself, instead kept a bottle of advil at my desk when I was at work infront of 3 monitors all day.

Let us know if you find it helps or not.
Old November 2, 2012, 10:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have two pairs the one I am wearing at this moment is the Phantom Gloss onyx MLG the pair I have at work are.. I'm not sure work got them for me well old work they are the high end clear ones.

Honestly love them they make me feel wide awake even after hours of being infront of 3 screens :)
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old November 3, 2012, 09:49 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

thats great to hear. my Boss told me last night to bill my prescription pair to the company! haha im thrilled!
Old November 6, 2012, 05:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have considered buying a pair but I am just not sold that they completely work. Lately my eyes get extremely dry come near bedtime and I have to use eyedrops to keep them lubricated. My eyes just aren't like when I was younger. I could do a 14 hours gaming session no prob without feeling the strain on my eyes but that is far from the case nowadays.
Old November 6, 2012, 04:33 PM
Rookie

I've been wearing a non Rx pair for a few days now - the amber really warms things up, and there is a bit of magnification (+2 diopter) but so far so good. I spend 8-12 hours a day on the computer for reference. It took a full day to really get used to them.
Old November 6, 2012, 04:59 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Hmmm, I had never heard of these before but they seem intriguing. If anyone else has some personal experience, I too would be most interested.