Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7, 2012, 06:31 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverBender View Post
Hmmm, I had never heard of these before but they seem intriguing. If anyone else has some personal experience, I too would be most interested.
I got a pair yesterday afternoon.
First impressions are very good. At first I tried them at work, where it's fluorescent lights everywhere and 2 monitors in front of me. To me, the magnification is awesome. I actually love it. The yellow tint is noticeable, but it's not overpowering and I can live with it.

Then I tried them at home, in the basement with the lights out and only my gaming screens ON. That is where they shined the most. The magnification brought me "closer" to the screen and I felt like I could actually see better(plasbo effect? maybe). It felt like I was more "focused" on the screen and the surroundings weren't as distracting. Anyway... The experience felt awesome and I can't wait to do it again tonight.

This is the model I got. When the guy handed them to me in their protective bag I almost thought the bag was empty. That how light they are. They feel a bit flimsy, but I guess that comes with the lightness of the glasses.
Weezer | Gunnar Technology Eyewear Official Store

I'll give it another week or two before I make up my mind but, chances are... I'll be buying a second pair so I can leave one at work, and one at home.
Old November 7, 2012, 01:53 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Are the Rx pairs using the yellow tinted lens or are they clear lens?
Old November 7, 2012, 09:39 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

You can choose either way.
Old November 8, 2012, 06:19 AM
MVP

My System Specs

3rd day update...
I will definitely be looking for a second pair for work. This time around I'll be looking at the Crystalline version that has the clear lens and looks a little less "geeky".
Old November 16, 2012, 11:16 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birk View Post
You can choose either way.
You can choose between amber and Crystalline, but the Crystalline lenses are only available for 3 frame model.

I've had my non Rx Amber lens version for a week now, and I'm actively shopping for a new pair.
Old December 8, 2012, 11:10 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I have a couple of pairs of Gunnar glasses (non-Rx), both amber. I like them and they do seem to reduce eye-fatigue while enhancing color and contrast on the LCD screen. I think they are better for gloss screens rather than matte. The only caveat with them is I find the bridge piece sits too high making them look funny wearing them (but maybe it's just my face that looks funny!). I tried bending the nose bridge a bit but I'm afraid of snapping them off. Also I find they smudge easily. Keep a lens cloth near by. I plan to get clear version for work use.
System Spec Peripherals: Corsair H70 cpu cooler (w/ 2 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm fans) | Zalman MFC3 fan controller | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium kb | Steelseries Sensei mouse | Logitech Z-2300 2.1 speakers | SteelSeries SX mouse surface
For the real serious stuff: 2.53GHz Mac Mini | 4GB DDR3 1066 RAM | 320GB HDD | Samsung P2250 (x2) | Apple Magic Mouse | Apple Magic Trackpad | Apple Wireless KB | Drobo FS 6.5TB
Laptops: Dell XPS M1530 | Asus G74SX-DH71
Surface Pro 128GB