Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Azio Levetron 60 bucks free shipping? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/56978-azio-levetron-60-bucks-free-shipping.html)

blueem2 September 28, 2012 08:47 PM

Azio Levetron 60 bucks free shipping?

Azio Levetron KB577U MECH5 Mechanical Cherry Black Programmable Water Resistant USB Gaming Keyboard Corporation&promoid=1210

I'm just wondering what you guys think. I'm considering buying it. Right now I'm using a Microsoft Wave and I'm not the biggest fan of it mainly because it's cordless. For 60 dollars + Tax that keyboard just seems too good to be true. The only real negative is no backlight on the keys.

Anyway, let me know. Should I buy it while it's on sale or wait for sometong better?

lowfat September 28, 2012 09:17 PM

Can't say I am a fan of the styling. But for $60 it seems like a steal to me.

blueem2 September 28, 2012 09:24 PM

I might buy it. Then post a review on here. I don't think I can pass it up for 60 dollars. Even with the funky looks. I was thinking of getting a k90 but they are 100+tax+shipping. hmmm

blueem2 September 28, 2012 09:27 PM

Done, ordered. 79 shipped with a 10 dollar mail in rebate.

Bloodystumps September 28, 2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueem2 (Post 658568)
Done, ordered. 79 shipped with a 10 dollar mail in rebate.

Funny I almost bought that today but ended up getting the CS storm quick fire pro... the MECH5 does look to be a good board other then the ugly as hell styling of it .

I went into to get the RII mini for my HTPC so far I like it, the only draw back was the touch pad can be a little jittery (which I read about).

Let us know how you like the Mech5 :dots:

maverick_brent September 29, 2012 02:39 AM

I have the mech4 I like it, however my 2 year old has torn keys off and lost them..called AZIO and told them the truth and that I wanted to buy another set of keys. They said it's too much to ship and to just RMA the board and they will step me up to a mech5 for free...can't beat that customer service ...

sswilson September 29, 2012 04:55 AM

I was looking at it as well, but decided to think a bit more on it once I discovered that only the special keys are backlit.

blueem2 September 29, 2012 05:34 AM

Hmm yea the backlighting is a bit of a deterrent. I don't use a backlit keyboard right now and frankly I seldom look at the keyboard nowadays anyway.

PockyMaster September 29, 2012 07:19 AM

I bought the keyboard last week for 10 dollars more. I haven't had much experience with mechanical keyboards though.

It does feel very solid for an all plastic keyboard. Even the macro rail board is pretty stable and it has a flip-down bar to prevent it from hitting the F-keys when it's folded down. I think the USB wire is a little thin but I'm not using it anyway. The macro keys attachment are not cherry switches, but the side macros are.

The key prints looks like they'll still wear out over time, but it still seems really well done. The antighosting isn't all that great though. The WASD cluster had some issues. The volume knob is too fine pitched for anything really practical, and there are no dedicated mute or media keys. All the key's pressure felt the same except for the space bar. It felt lighter than the rest of the keys.

Though the keyboard felt solid, I feel that it has some fitting issues with the USB ports. It might just be really tight because it's new though.

The numpad is not secure enough to hang off of, but it holds together well when resting on a desk. It has a separate USB cable so you can use it separately. I use it for spreadsheet data filling at the moment. The numpad and keyboard also has a 2 level tilting feet with a strip of rubber to hold it in place. The numpad has mechanical switches.

There are no backlights except for the side macro keys and the volume knob.

The main cable is braided, but they don't have strain reliefs. It has two USB plugs, but you only need to plug in one for it to function. I believe the other one is just for extra power to power up more power hungry devices

If you want me to check out anything specific on the keyboard, I can definitely take a look at it.

blueem2 September 29, 2012 12:54 PM

^ Awesome. Glad to get some realistic input on it. It actually sounds pretty good :)