Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 19, 2012, 11:50 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Did anyone who ordered a keyboard get theirs in yet? My Cherry with reds that I ordered should be coming in tomorrow or the next day, shipped from Vancouver and I live in northern Ontario.
Old September 21, 2012, 09:02 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmo_9000 View Post
Did anyone who ordered a keyboard get theirs in yet? My Cherry with reds that I ordered should be coming in tomorrow or the next day, shipped from Vancouver and I live in northern Ontario.
Yeah I got mine for the other computer finally! Its definitely not near as solid as the DAS mechanical, but the key presses and feel of the actually keys, and the board itself, are still very nice and far above the standard rubber dome. It is fairly light, and a bit flexible, but still not cheap feeling either. Its very hard to live up to a DAS after using one for almost a year, but if I did not have one, I would be 100% satisfied with this board over anything standard I have used. The red switches opposed to the blues in my DAS, are definitely easier to press also. I could see the red switches being a lot better for prolonged use now after using both, although I still prefer the sound and the tactile feel of the blues. That is 100% a personal preference though, as the reds are very easy and light to press, and smooth as butter.

For the price, I would definitely buy again for value and feel of the switches. For someone who has never used a mechanical keyboard, and on the fence, this may be the board for you! Though if you have the funds available, there are definitely better choices out there for a bit more money.

Old September 21, 2012, 09:59 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Ya I got mine in too, I think I still prefer the blue switches though. Blues really make a big difference in games like starcraft 2 where you have to press a lot of hot keys. My Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid with blues most definitely has a better build quality.

However, I do like this keyboard for the price I paid. Can't see it being a good deal at the 79.99 $ normal price this goes for. I thing I'll probably just put this on my backup pc for when friends want to use that computer to play games and such. Paying 59.99 was worth it to try out red switches though, I can see them being good in games like BF3 maybe though. Although I could have just not used it for long enough though.
Old September 21, 2012, 11:24 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmo_9000 View Post
Ya I got mine in too, I think I still prefer the blue switches though. Blues really make a big difference in games like starcraft 2 where you have to press a lot of hot keys. My Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid with blues most definitely has a better build quality.

However, I do like this keyboard for the price I paid. Can't see it being a good deal at the 79.99 $ normal price this goes for. I thing I'll probably just put this on my backup pc for when friends want to use that computer to play games and such. Paying 59.99 was worth it to try out red switches though, I can see them being good in games like BF3 maybe though. Although I could have just not used it for long enough though.
Oh yeah well put about SC2, I totally agree! For 80 bucks too at normal price, I would say there are better options definitely also. If on sale though, totally a great option for a second or backup mech keyboard, or for a new comer.

Old November 25, 2012, 08:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I picked one of these up for my buddy with MX blacks and they keyboard feels really nice. I like red and brown switches better than the blacks but that is just preference, nothing to do with the keyboard. If you just need a keyboard without media keys (like me) this is the best value out there. I will definitely be picking one of with red switches around christmas.