Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 10, 2012, 10:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
I actually had a Thermaltake Meka keyboard but stopped using it due to discomfort.
Thermaltake Meka G1 also has Cherry MX Black switches in it. IIRC those require the most force of any Cherry MX switch at 60g. The Cherry MX Red for example only requires 45g. You might also try a Cherry MX Brown.

idk what switches it has, but if you want short.. perhaps something like this? :P
Single Hand Keyboards
hehe
Old September 12, 2012, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Thx for the links Arinoth, the Adesso could be an option if it has some durability to it, im lookin for review right now.

As for ergonomic... you've never used one of those things have you? meant for people with carpal tunnel... which i dont have. It wont help for me at all im afraid...
I've own the natural multi-media & then the 4000 models yes ..... I did have carpel tunnel badly due to being 1 of the early unknown cases of chat addiction back in the mid/late 90's ...

And just cause you DONT have carpal tunnel ... doesnt mean that that your hands n such cant get fatiuged from long times of gaming or typing ....

I have a logitech G510 right now ..... and while having the display/backlighting on the key's IS nice ... I can certainly tell you that when you game &/or talk for anywhere up to 12 hrs in a day .... it makes me wish I had a egronomic keyboard like my last 4000 i had ...

If you dont need a insert key this could be another good option for you:

Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000

Newegg.ca - Microsoft 3TJ-00001 Black 104 Normal Keys USB Wired Ergonomic Comfort Curve keyboard 3000

Last edited by terrybear; September 12, 2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old September 12, 2012, 08:52 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Need something numpad-less and i really doubt an M$ keyboards longevity...

Still looking.
Old September 12, 2012, 11:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

for the "height" issue of the board / keys there is always http://www.assistiveit.co.uk/images/...wrist-rest.jpg

Really the only way of doing this is buy a butt load of keyboards, try em out and send back the ones you don't want.
Anything else is guess-work.
Old September 22, 2012, 10:38 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I'm surprised no one recommended this yet:

Buy COOLERMASTER [SGK-4000-GKCL1-US] Cooler Master Cmstorm Quick Fire Rapid Compact Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Black USB

It's pretty much identical to the Filco tenkeyless boards only with different branding, because it is a Filco OEM board. Only I can tell besides the CoolerMaster branding is the substantially lower price of 64$. I'm pretty sure this version comes with blues, although if you look you might be able to find reds, browns or blacks. But I'm not sure how many other versions are available in Canada.
Old September 22, 2012, 12:40 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

How easy are Blues to depress as compared to Reds? Sorry i dont use mechanicals so i dont know the "color code" for them. Might be an Okay option with a wrist rest, we'll see.
Old September 22, 2012, 04:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Mechanical Keyboard Guide

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old September 23, 2012, 01:35 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Thanks for the link, I saw a "Deck 82" keyboard there that looks perfect, only problem there doesn't seem to be a scroll lock key... so my KVM couldnt be used with it... might still be able to work something out with it though, ill keep pondering.
Old September 23, 2012, 01:47 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Looking for something small but this is out of stock at Canada Computers (but they might order it for you):
Canada Computers | Keyboards, Mice, Tablets, Digital WhiteBoard | Solidtek KB-P3100BU Super Mini USB Wired Keyboard -Black (Retail Box)

I'll take a look at some stuff that might be used in educational circles to accommodate folks with difficulties...those solutions are uaully expensive though.
Fold for team #54196
Old September 23, 2012, 05:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am watching this thread becasue you are looking for pretty much the same as me and I havn't found anything that I like so far