Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27, 2012, 01:39 AM
Allstar

Default Headphones for Skype

My new job involves alot of Skype conferences and using my in-ear headphones just doesn't cut it. I'm looking for some headphones that offer sound isolation and are good at only picking up my voice*. Any recommendations? I would prefer to keep things around $100 after taxes. I'm in the Vancouver region and would like to pick them up in-store.

this isn't really a big deal for me, I was just planning on heading out to Bestbuy/Futureshop to get something cheap and just wanted anyone's thoughts.

*I work from home and there are ALOT of ambient sounds

EDIT: you know what....I think I'm going to make this a little bit harder for you guys ;) I think I would like a pair of WIRELESS headphones with a hardware mic on/off switch(not too picky about the switch honestly). I don't necessarily need long-range reception; I just don't want to have to keep taking them on and off.

EDIT2: this is on a laptop; large desktop receivers are NOT okay, big USB plugs are fine though.

Last edited by Generic User #2; August 27, 2012 at 01:46 AM.
Old August 27, 2012, 12:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Does Lappy have Bluetooth ??

EDIT ; http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...oqPsDysPJaccWA

Sienhiezer Go whole hog you will be use en 14 hours a day :)

Last edited by ZZLEE; August 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old August 27, 2012, 11:07 PM
Allstar

interesting...I'm very dubious of boomless mics though. any personal experience?
Old August 28, 2012, 05:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

plantronics are a good brand in head sets sound/mic quality
Old October 6, 2012, 03:12 AM
Banned

Default hardware

Hello buddies............on skype we can conferencing to two or more people means group conferencing are avaiable, now a days many type of headphones are easily available in the market.
and i don't have idea about this if you want to know more about headphone for skype.
you can visit below site.
Thank you!
Old November 8, 2012, 01:07 PM
Top Prospect

Does anyone mind if I bump this? I am looking for headphones and/or mic for skype now.

I was told a usb mic works really well. Anyone agree? I was looking at headphone/mic combos. On shopbot, there are some stores that sell cheap ones. There's also the ones by logitech which seem popular but I don't if they work well.

Then someone told me a usb mic is really good in skype and voice is heard well by the other end. I thought it might be annoying though as you would have to move it around? Wouldn't there be a problem with the keyboard in front of you and then moving to get close to the mic?

A headset/mic combo might be more versatile? Can anyone suggest anything? I've read of plantronics and logitech for brands. There's a store called Dinobot that has a ton of cheap headsets but not sure of quality. My budget limit is $30. I just don't want to buy something that is only average or that has problems. The usb mic is at various outlets for a good price and I could either use my own headphones or have more choices.

Also, some people say to get the 3.5 pin type rather than usb. I was leaning towards usb. What does anyone think? Any recommendations? I can order online so as long as total cost is under $40...

Help? :)