Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 27, 2012, 07:26 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Post New Build, Looking for keyboard?

Hello Everyone!
I recently purchased my new build (half of the shipment from one of the vendors got to me) and im looking at keyboards i could purchase. For now, i will be using my cheap current keyboard, but i want to get a very nice keyboard.

I saw the following keyboards:

-Razer SWTOR Keyboard with LCD.
-Razer Black Widow Ultimate Stealth
-AZIO Levetron Mech5
-Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4

Now, i really like those, but i would like your guys' opinion.

Is there a keyboard the same as the SWTOR but in black?
And, what is a good keyboard that is black, matte, and Red LED backlighting? That is what im looking for.

Price: Under 120 US Dollars.
Old July 28, 2012, 10:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcWizTech View Post
Hello Everyone!
I recently purchased my new build (half of the shipment from one of the vendors got to me) and im looking at keyboards i could purchase. For now, i will be using my cheap current keyboard, but i want to get a very nice keyboard.

I saw the following keyboards:

-Razer SWTOR Keyboard with LCD.
-Razer Black Widow Ultimate Stealth
-AZIO Levetron Mech5
-Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4

Now, i really like those, but i would like your guys' opinion.

Is there a keyboard the same as the SWTOR but in black?
And, what is a good keyboard that is black, matte, and Red LED backlighting? That is what im looking for.

Price: Under 120 US Dollars.
Take a look at the Alienware TactX. A steal at $80. Hardware Canucks - The Latest Computer Hardware News and Reviews It's black and has software that allows every color lighting for the keys that you would ever want.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old July 28, 2012, 10:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I don't know how that link above appeared. I typed in Dell Alienware site,and that link came up. Just go to Dell Alienware accessories to find it. Truly a super keyboard.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old July 28, 2012, 12:33 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Looks like a wonderful keyboard! Now, will this be compatible for my custom build or is it for Alienware pc's only?
Old July 28, 2012, 01:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Yes it will be compatible. It plugs in through the USB port. It comes with software you can install to customize the lighting.
Old July 28, 2012, 04:00 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Should i go ahead and purchase that keyboard? I like it, but i dont want to make a bad decision.
Old July 28, 2012, 04:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

With your budget, I'd suggest a mechanical keyboard. You have a great many to choose from depending on what feel of switch you want such as Cherry Red, Blue, Black, Brown. There's a good guide on overclock.net about types of mech switches so I'd suggest you hop on over there for a (lengthy) read. Choose a keyboard based on what switch you'll prefer.

The Alienware may be good but I'm pretty sure it's not a mechanical keyboard which is a world of difference compared to rubber domes like the Tactx. I'd suggest you try out keyboard in store before you purchase any as whatever I say won't help much with personal preference

I think the CM Trigger Pro fits into your requirements nicely and it's a mech with brown switches I believe

Old July 28, 2012, 04:08 PM

My System Specs

I'd highly suggest going w/ a mechanical keyboard these days. After using one for a few years every other keyboard feels like junk. A lot of manufacturers are making them these days so prices aren't all that unreasonable. The Black Widow Stealth uses MX Cherry browns which aren't excessively loud, yet still has a tactile click. Out of your list, it is what I would choose.

EDIT: Looks like I've been ninja'd.
Old July 28, 2012, 05:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

+1 for mechanical switches... There should be a summary of the different Cherry switches and how they vary..

Think the brown is the one that provides feedback so your able to type effectively but it's also suitable for games (as we tend to want multiple fast presses, not all the switches are quite right)
Old July 28, 2012, 06:28 PM
Rookie

I'm tempted by a mechanical but my diNovo still feels too nice to let go.