Old July 29, 2012, 07:16 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

What do you guys have to say about the
Gigabyte Aivia K8100
or
Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4
?
Also, do you think Razer might release a non SWTOR keyboard that is the same?

Edit:
I might purchase the Razer Black Widow Ultimate stealth edition, but its alot of money for a keyboard.

Last edited by PcWizTech; July 29, 2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old July 29, 2012, 08:02 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I've used the MS X4...and found it to be "meh". The GB K8100...is good for a mushroom dome KB. Heres the review I did on it:
Gigabyte Aivia K8100 Gaming Keyboard Review

BUT before you plunk down any money for a mushroom dome kb....try a mechanical. Gigabyte has the new Osmium (I like it). It uses Cherry REDs. I personally love Cherry Reds as they are silent, bump free and OMG fast. You really want to try out a couple dif types to see what you "like". But quick n dirty is: Blue == Typing. Brown == in between (decent for both games and typing...usually a good choice for first time users. But can be limiting once you KNOW what style you really like). Black == Games. Red == Games ONLY (very easy to actuate wrong key...but great for SPEED).

Some good options are:
GB Osmium
Cooler Master Storm line
Corsair Vengeance line

THEN you get into the more custom KBs like the Daskeyboard and the like. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; July 29, 2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old July 29, 2012, 09:31 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well thanks for the quick sum up of the cherry key. I honestly didnt get time to ready that "lengthy" article, but i need to get on that. One thing i forgot to mention is that this is mainly going to be for video editing, typing, and SOME games, not alot.
Old July 29, 2012, 09:52 AM

Then Blues or Browns...probably browns. Bit more gen purp if you know what I mean.

Hell...I will be selling a CM Storm Trigger (browns), CM QuickFire Pro (browns) and CM QuickFire Rapid (blues)...and prolly GB K8100....in the near future....cheap. /whistle

;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 29, 2012, 10:04 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Looks like i might be buying the CM Storm Trigger.
I don't mean to be rude, but if i buy it, i'll probably buy it new. On the other hand, however, i greatly appreciate all your help(:
Old July 29, 2012, 10:28 AM

Its all good mate. Happy to help. Stuff sells pretty quick round these parts...and if not...Ill keep em :P