Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 20, 2012, 01:46 AM
MVP

Default Looking to replace my Lachesis

I'm looking at replacing my razer lachesis mouse with something more reliable. I'm getting tired of the random/odd issues that plague razer mice *this mouse is a replacement for one that was within warranty that had its middle click fail, and my current one intermittently decides to not track- sometimes on boot, other times while my computer has been on*

Ideal characteristics:
-similar size/weight
-very low minimum DPI (lachesis tool can drop as low as 125dpi (or so it claims))
-wired
-close to a ~$60-75 price range

on the do not buy list:
-Razer

I've at the very least felt some mice (most places either around here don't keep many mice on display, or simply don't stock them)
- I didn't mind the feel of the steelseries XAI and I think it was the sensei raw, couldn't try them out on a mousepad, only from in box though
-most logitech mice I've tried out (G9x and some of the non "gamer" mice) I'm not entirely sold on the feel

Any other suggestions out there?
Old July 20, 2012, 01:03 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Logitech G9X. I've owned a G9 for at least 7 years now. When my old G9 died I tried many different mice, most of them were by Razer and although I use a Razer keyboard (blackwidow), headset (Carcharias) and mouse pad, I do not like their mice offerings.

So after trying the death adder, lachesis, the Mamba (which wasn't all bad) and the Naga I finally settled on purchasing the new G9X (which is pretty well the same as the original G9).

I should add a disclaimer the Razer mice I used were pretty much all designed for "palm" type users and where I'm more of a claw guy the G9's shorter body was just more comfortable.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

G9! G9! G9! G9!

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old July 22, 2012, 04:36 PM
MVP

I gave a G9x a shot...its too small for my liking (I have a somewhat hybrid between palm/claw) it wouldn't have been so bad if it was another like...2-3 inches longer
Old July 23, 2012, 11:23 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I would suggest these two:
Roccat ROC-11-520 KOVA+ Max Performace 3200DPI PRO-OPTIC Sensor Gaming Mouse for PC or Mac
69.99$

or

Mionix Naos 3200 Laser Gaming Mouse 7 Button Programmable Customizable LED 3200DPI USB2.0
59.99$

I heard good things about these two, driver-wise and I don't know anyone that actually uses more than 3200 DPI.
Old July 23, 2012, 11:35 AM

My System Specs

I have the Naos 3200 and love it. Very similar in shape as the Steelseries Ikari. Very comfortable.
Old July 23, 2012, 11:51 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonxx View Post
-most logitech mice I've tried out (G9x and some of the non "gamer" mice) I'm not entirely sold on the feel
I personally have a logitech G500 paired with a steelseries HD-9 mouse pad and I must say I totally like it, though since you were saying you didn't like the feel I figured I could suggest something else.
Old July 23, 2012, 12:23 PM
MVP

the KOVA looks potentially promising (400DPI minimum), naos- minimum DPI is too high for my liking. the Steelseries Sensei has been looking interesting. I'll have to see if I can track a G500 down locally to give it a test drive before I rule it out (shape seems promising, as does its minimum DPI setting)
Old July 23, 2012, 01:56 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Razer products and warranty service are generally crap.

Old July 23, 2012, 02:21 PM
MVP

I know they are WhippWhapp...that's why I'm never buying another razer product again
my razer product history is:
1)copperhead which developed a double leftclick issue in a little over a year- firmware update didnt solve the issue
1.5) Razer eXactmat- never had an anodized aluminum surface, only an anodized core (I still have it, it's been stripped down on the speed surface, still trying to figure out a good method of re-coating it properly)
2) razer lachesis which had it's middle click fail within a year- replaced with the current one
3) Razer Mako speakers- developed click of death in 15 months (did eventually find a probable cause of it...non fixable)
4) replacement razer lachesis (current mouse)- has intermittent sensor failure
Old July 24, 2012, 01:45 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

sadly there is nothing for people who like a longer sized mice besides the lachesis, although I tried the Cyborg RAT with the palm wrest fully extended and it wasnt too bad.